Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4522916137&category=6755
i have a 95LS.. i dunno much about motors.. guessing i have a b18b... its stock ls motor but rebuilt and had forged pistons 8.5:1 pistons eventually gonna be boosted.. but n e way... he was saying we at least needed a hydrolic tranny and there gonna charge us around $1500 just for a used one with 60,000 miles on it (not including labor) so if i can find one new for that much or close to that much which i have.. im just gonna go with that one.. thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
appleyard777 said:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4522916137&category=6755
i have a 95LS.. i dunno much about motors.. guessing i have a b18b... its stock ls motor but rebuilt and had forged pistons 8.5:1 pistons eventually gonna be boosted.. but n e way... he was saying we at least needed a hydrolic tranny and there gonna charge us around $1500 just for a used one with 60,000 miles on it (not including labor) so if i can find one new for that much or close to that much which i have.. im just gonna go with that one.. thanks
that's a rip yo, i'd buy the itr tranny. u'll get better acceleration minus a lil less mpg. i hope u ain't needed a clutch too

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
shit im a dumbass wasnt reading it right.. but on an another note ive heard the type-r trannys will only fit B16a , B16a1 , B16a2 , B18c , B18c5 , B20b , B20z, thats just what ive heard though.. mine doesnt fall within those.. .but i dont know why it wouldnt fit on a b18b??

·
Registered
495 Posts
It will fit. All B series trannies are interchangable. If it can fit on B20's it should fit on an engine that was in an intagra at least. I think the only problem you might have is if you tranny is cable and the itr is hydro, but you already established that your tranny is hydro so you should be fine. I would stay away from that shop because people sell LS trannies for well under $600 and I cant see them charging $900 for a tranny install. sounds a bit shady. When they told you $1500 did they give you a print-out of where they break down the price for everything?

IMO

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah they gave us a print out .. and it showed 1500 for the tranny and 500 for labor... and when they first odered a tranny it was a cable tranny so they sent it back and replaced it with a hydro tranny.. looks like ill probably go with the itr then..yeah didnt mess the clutch up...

·
Registered
3 Posts
so can u guys tell me this would it be worth it puting in a itr tranny i mean how much better it is i know it got a limted slip in it but my gsr takes off fine and how good would it do on high stage clutches case i hade a 3 in my car and riped out 2 mounts on my trany

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
You said you are boosting right? I think the LS tranny is better for boost since it has longer gears.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
...i had a dream last nigth that i blew my automatic tranny....
lol
the this is the LSD correct?
very good transmissions

1 - 17 of 17 Posts