Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Would you stay in a relationship with someone you really love, even if the relationship is going nowhere?

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
Civic Ex Chick said:
Would you stay in a relationship with someone you really love, even if the relationship is going nowhere?
NO.....What's the sense if the relationship is going nowhere??

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
"relationship going no where" like how? Definitely no future together wise? or Just kinda dead as of right now (waiting for a spark)?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Team_Carnage said:
"relationship going no where" like how? Definitely no future together wise? or Just kinda dead as of right now (waiting for a spark)?
Dead as in no future. Just kinda hit a plateau, and that's as far as it will go...

·
Registered
781 Posts
That's kind of what happened to me. But there were reasons...we were both getting busy and had no time for each other. It would be best to talk it over and maybe stop seeing each other because it'll just go downhill if you drag it out. If you are meant to get back together it will happen. It sounds like that's the only way you can save the friendship or the possibility of being with that person in the future.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
well, do you love the person or is it just routine? i thought i loved my ex, i really did, and maybe i did, but mostly it was routine. routine isnt bad, if its a routine that you enjoy... i was in a routine that frustrated me and i'm glad i'm out of it...

and yeah, if the relationship is really going nowhere, no plans to spend the rest of your lives together or whatever, you might as well move on to somebody you can really hit it off with and live happily ever after...

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hobie237 said:
well, do you love the person or is it just routine?...
and yeah, if the relationship is really going nowhere, no plans to spend the rest of your lives together or whatever, you might as well move on to somebody you can really hit it off with and live happily ever after...
We really love eachother, and I could spend the rest of my life with them. But, it's just not going to happen. They'll never be at that point.

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
Civic Ex Chick said:
We really love eachother, and I could spend the rest of my life with them. But, it's just not going to happen. They'll never be at that point.

"they???" is this a threesome or something?

jk... if you see the writing on the wall, walk away, learn from it, see what you want and what you dont want, then find somebody that is what you want...

try talking to bunny13.... she can tell you all about this situation

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hobie237 said:
"they???" is this a threesome or something?

jk... if you see the writing on the wall, walk away, learn from it, see what you want and what you dont want, then find somebody that is what you want...

try talking to bunny13.... she can tell you all about this situation
LOL. No, it's not a threesome. It's just the two of us.

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
been there.. done that...

left it...

it hurt but it was better off having left it then to continue wanting something that i wanted alone... ya know?

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
playindagamewell said:
been there.. done that...

left it...

it hurt but it was better off having left it then to continue wanting something that i wanted alone... ya know?
Well, when you put it that way, it makes more sense.

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
it will be a wast of time

just go and have sex with someone else!!!

·
Registered
5,438 Posts
gsrboy171 said:
it will be a wast of time

just go and have sex with someone else!!!

come on man, the girl wants advice, and from what little i know about her, just because shes asking this, tells me shes not into one-nighters...

so please, while this might be what you would do, it sounds like shes looking for something with some substance to it... you know, a relationship... give her advice that she can use

·
Registered
17,562 Posts
you also can't see it like its' your fault for wanting there to be something more but the other person not wanting more... people are different

most people are progressive and sometimes theres people that aren't.. you can't think your at fault for being progressive or that theres something wrong with you to make the relationship not be wanted to be progressive from both ends.. :noo for the longest i used to think it was me.. or something i wasn't doing right.. it took me forever to realize wasn't me or anything i could control or change etc.. and thas when i was finally able to say aiight.. im washing my hands of it...

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
playindagamewell said:
you also can't see it like its' your fault for wanting there to be something more but the other person not wanting more... people are different

most people are progressive and sometimes theres people that aren't.. you can't think your at fault for being progressive or that theres something wrong with you to make the relationship not be wanted to be progressive from both ends.. :noo for the longest i used to think it was me.. or something i wasn't doing right.. it took me forever to realize wasn't me or anything i could control or change etc.. and thas when i was finally able to say aiight.. im washing my hands of it...
^And got w/ someone better---->Team_Carnage :cool ... *Don't mind me as I pop my collar* ;) :lol

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
its good to be in love but if you just hanging on because your just trying to be nice and the reasonship is dead HOME GIRL move on there many nice guys out there.

·
Registered
23,038 Posts
If you feel the relationship is going nowhere then you are just letting yourself be held behind in life when you could be with someone who adds that lil sparkle to your eye everytime you see them, even after 50 years. Obviously it seems more like a friendship type deal if you love the person, but being with them isn't exciting anymore. No, I personally would not/have not stayed in a situation where I felt as though it has plateau'd because what's the fun and enjoyment in that? :) It's your decision to make.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Diana said:
If you feel the relationship is going nowhere then you are just letting yourself be held behind in life when you could be with someone who adds that lil sparkle to your eye everytime you see them, even after 50 years. Obviously it seems more like a friendship type deal if you love the person, but being with them isn't exciting anymore. No, I personally would not/have not stayed in a situation where I felt as though it has plateau'd because what's the fun and enjoyment in that? :) It's your decision to make.
It's not that there's no excitement or anything like that. We have an absolutly wonderful relationship and we love eachother very much. If he could stop letting life happen, we would have a "perfect" relationship. It's just that he likes things the way they are and will never do anything to change them.

·
Registered
7,722 Posts
Civic Ex Chick said:
you have to enjoy the simple things in life. relationships dont change within a day. some days you feel a connection and some days you dont. And the days you dont is how you really feel about the SO. just listen to yourself, if its time to move on, go ahead no one is stopping you. Honestly, relationship nowadays dont work out anymore because someone like You feel like its ok to leave without any particular reason.

·
Registered
230 Posts
In my opinion, I think that a relationship thats not going anywhere, is because you and the other person aren't taking it anywhere. Some part of you might want it overwith if you don't think you are making any progress together. Being in a long-term relationship, means to progress in your lives together. If thats not happening, and you feel like you are stuck in one spot, then maybe one of you has given up on letting things go further in a way. If you really love that person and want to be with them, you won't let that part of the relationship just fade out without trying to do sumthing to save the relationship. Make plans, create goals that you both would want to achieve together. They don't have to be big like, buying a house together or sumthin, it could be as little as just working towards spending more time together if there is a lack of it. Who knows, but honestly, I don't think you could ever get "stuck" in a relationship with someone, you are there because you want to be, and thats the way it should be.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts