Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
holy shiite thats a mammoth turbo. and stroked/bored to a 2.0. im gonna guess something close to 800whp.

·
Registered
406 Posts
No one better make the mistake of calling that a "del SLO",
they would be gravely mistaken

·
Registered
3,966 Posts
blackdelsol94 said:
Does he use a b18c1 or c5 it doesnt specify in the article...anyone know??
prob gsr. no sense in paying the extra $ for c5 when they just rebuild it.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
ksniperfox said:
prob gsr. no sense in paying the extra $ for c5 when they just rebuild it.
Thats what I was thinking to...I always thought the only differance between the type r and gsr motors was parts, but some guy at a shop was telling me some butterfly manifold that the c1 has(not really sure what that is) makes the gsr a weaker engine for boosting. Any idea what this guy is talking about??

·
Registered
725 Posts
yea the manifold of a gsr has a butterfly because in the back were the mani has the big loop it has hose like the throtlle body and open 3 or 4 more hole when v tec si engauged i see if i can find a pic to show you

·
Registered
16 Posts
with the money you save buying the gsr instead of the type r buy a good aftermarket Intake manifold, such as skunk2, edelbrock, and do away with the butterflies.

·
Registered
6,012 Posts
OK sounds good man thanks for clearing that up.

I'm going to look at a Honda CBR 600 RR tomorrow, my cousin will sell it to me for 2500. It's a 2001 w/ 6K miles. If I like it I'm going to get it and postpone the engine for another couple months. If that doesn't work out though I'll be ordering my engine pretty soon. Just have to decide which I want more... :rolleyes I hate making choices.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.