Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wrecked my car... Update: Pics added!

Happened at 6:30 tonight.... basicly i was headed to town... was raining about 5 min earlier and just lightly sprinkling when it happened...... and like right at the little bridge, i was going around a curve, caught some water... started sliding, so i hit the brakes, then i guess my tires got traction again because i shot across the road (i was going 55 mph) then i hit a big dirt hill... then spun around and did a complete 360... and basicly i hit hard with the front passenger side.... lights gone and bumper is fucked up. Then that spun me around, so i hit with passenger side rear bumper... then it also hit with the drivers side section of the rear bumper, and put a big ol hole in it... other than that... there wasnt much damage, that i could see, but it was dark, so i am not for sure... my passenger side front rim may be all jacked to shit... it drove fine... so idk it may be ok. felt smooth except for the front bumper hitting up against the tire... im fine... didnt hurt me... no one was behind me or coming when it happened, so im lucky...

ill have some pics up sometime.... idk when though... :eek:

moral of story is.... dont go the speed limit in rainy weather... go below it!

http://www.superhonda.com/photopost/showphoto.php/photo/76577/cat/501

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
i forgot to add, how much would a factory hood, front bumper, and rear bumper be for a 2003 civic ex? and would i be able to get a body kit cheaper? and possibly a CF hood?

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
u sure? becaue my friend was driving on the interstate, and a semis tire blew, and the tire hit his truck, cracking the bumper and denting the hood, and the insurance company bought him an aftermarket bumper... because it was cheaper.... and it only cost him 250 for the deductible.... rest was payed for....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
all the people from my car club... besides 2 that didnt know how to install them... installed their kits themselves, and they looked good, and fit awesome... so idk... i think it just depends on the quality of it... and if its from a good brand....

·
Registered
882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
well... i know that i will just have to replace my rear bumper... and none of the bolts and all that... but the front bumper, im gonna need a new bumper, grill, and hood latch, and all the other stuff in the front... new headlight, 2 new fog lights... hood, alot of stuff... luckily, nothing like the radiator, battery and nothing was damaged... just exterior... so thats good i guess... the 3 people kept asking me why i was so calm... i was like.... idk... i dont care about my car! im more worried of what my parents are gonna say! but thankfully, my parents were glad i was ok... and werent too mad... ill take some pics of it tomorrow for u guys... i just cant wait to get it fixed... because i mainly just looked forward to after dinner because id always go out and cruise... but now, till its fixed.. and prolly a while after that, i cant go out... so i guess that ill just get back into shape.. workout alot and run alot... and get smart... read and shit.. since im gonna be enlisting within 2 months...!!! wee!

·
Registered
908 Posts
www.carpartswholesale.com -- they are also an ebay seller.

Buy from them, then get the parts painted.

Few body kits look good, most are ricey or junk, oem is always better than a body kit (sorry kit owners).

If you ever want to sell your car, it'll sell way easier if it looks stock. A lot of people just HATE body kits. If you want to give it a makeover, do no more than a lip kit.

My 2 cents.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts