Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 118 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yep....title says it all....the guy who posted this video claims that his SRT-4 was stock and some crap like that which is not the case if hes doing well against this WRX...whatevurrr

http://www.thekorbinkluxklan.com/1.wmv
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
an stock srt-4 is rated to be able to do 148 mph stock. I read it in like 5 magazines. So it could probely beat a stock WRX.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
capt'nshrtbeard said:
an stock srt-4 is rated to be able to do 148 mph stock. I read it in like 5 magazines. So it could probely beat a stock WRX.
noob....wtf does that have to do wit anythin....those cars arent gonna hit 148 stock on a 1/4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
nocsyn said:
noob....wtf does that have to do wit anythin....those cars arent gonna hit 148 stock on a 1/4
true but in a fucking strecth a srt-4 would beat a wrx that's all i was saying. i have a feeling your one of those people that say n00b as in boob instead of nob cause u sure do like the word n00b

and here http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.p...ake4=&op4==&year4=0&submitButtonName=Compare!

shows the srt-4 faster in 1/4 mile I don't even like dodge. I do like WRX's though I'm just being honest.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49 Posts
capt'nshrtbeard said:
an stock srt-4 is rated to be able to do 148 mph stock. I read it in like 5 magazines. So it could probely beat a stock WRX.
Too bad the WRX had atleast a t66 turbo. So against a stock SRT-4, I'm pretty sure the WRX would have won, but I'm not certain. Either way the vid was sick man! TW is GAY!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
capt'nshrtbeard said:
true but in a fucking strecth a srt-4 would beat a wrx that's all i was saying. i have a feeling your one of those people that say n00b as in boob instead of nob cause u sure do like the word n00b

and here http://www.dragtimes.com/compare2.p...ake4=&op4==&year4=0&submitButtonName=Compare!

shows the srt-4 faster in 1/4 mile I don't even like dodge. I do like WRX's though I'm just being honest.
stock for stock yes the srt4 would win....my grocery getter beats stock wrxs...but anyway thats not the point...they raced from a roll and the wrx won....and considering its awd and has 30% drivetrain loss...from a dig that particular wrx would fuckin spank the pussy stains out of that srt...

....dont be a dick about the newb comment...i use it just like ppl would call someone a frosh in hs...so get off it
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
nocsyn said:
stock for stock yes the srt4 would win....my grocery getter beats stock wrxs...but anyway thats not the point...they raced from a roll and the wrx won....and considering its awd and has 30% drivetrain loss...from a dig that particular wrx would fuckin spank the pussy stains out of that srt...

....dont be a dick about the newb comment...i use it just like ppl would call someone a frosh in hs...so get off it
hey i'm off it, and i still don't like srt's
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,966 Posts
NEONDOHC said:
0-140mph times.
SRT-4 = 33.28 seconds
WRX = 52.70 seconds

0-150mph times.
SRT-4 = 46.80 seconds
STi = 50.05 seconds

Obviously 1/4 mile is a different story. But that puts things into perspective. On a stretch or from a roll. Its over.

where'd you get those from? post a link, i doubt those stats for the STi are true. stock wrx=227whp stock STi=300whp. stock srt4=240 hp. idk about weight, but i'd assume srt4 is lighter, but both subarus should take dodge off the line with ease. anyways about the vid, i think that neon owner was a ***. :rolleyes
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,383 Posts
ksniperfox said:
where'd you get those from? post a link, i doubt those stats for the STi are true. stock wrx=227whp stock STi=300whp. stock srt4=240 hp. idk about weight, but i'd assume srt4 is lighter, but both subarus should take dodge off the line with ease. anyways about the vid, i think that neon owner was a ***. :rolleyes
I thought stock wrx's had like 180 at the wheels or something. and those numbers could be right even though they took me by surprise.. 4 cyl awd cars usualy dont have good top end. my old gsx=terrible top end on the highway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
ksniperfox said:
where'd you get those from? post a link, i doubt those stats for the STi are true. stock wrx=227whp stock STi=300whp. stock srt4=240 hp. idk about weight, but i'd assume srt4 is lighter, but both subarus should take dodge off the line with ease. anyways about the vid, i think that neon owner was a ***. :rolleyes
I'm sorry, but stock WRX's don't put down 227whp and stock STi's certainly don't put down 300whp...not even close.

Stock WRX's generally put down close to 170whp while stock STi's generally put down close to 240whp thanks to AWD drivetrain loss.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
xtremefusion said:
I'm sorry, but stock WRX's don't put down 227whp and stock STi's certainly don't put down 300whp...not even close.

Stock WRX's generally put down close to 170whp while stock STi's generally put down close to 240whp thanks to AWD drivetrain loss.
but they are rated from the factory to put down 300 hp at the backwheels. The new STI is rated to put 320 at the backwheels. It doesn't mean it does just what manufactor says.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,786 Posts
capt'nshrtbeard said:
but they are rated from the factory to put down 300 hp at the backwheels. The new STI is rated to put 320 at the backwheels. It doesn't mean it does just what manufactor says.
No they are not. They are rated at the crank from the factory.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
43 Posts
xtremefusion said:
No they are not. They are rated at the crank from the factory.
I ain't a good reader i'm sorry:p but i just remember that excuse me for being slow
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
540 Posts
NEONDOHC said:
0-140mph times.
SRT-4 = 33.28 seconds
WRX = 52.70 seconds

0-150mph times.
SRT-4 = 46.80 seconds
STi = 50.05 seconds

Obviously 1/4 mile is a different story. But that puts things into perspective. On a stretch or from a roll. Its over.
it does make sense....like someone said earlier awd cars are weak top end cause of the drivetrain loss

...good find tho
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,748 Posts
even if both cars turned up the boost...the wrx would of clearly won just like it did in this video. the neon kept up for a bit but cant handle the long run. even w "factory 1/4 times" if u use those two cars the way they are, then it would be dammmn close.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
184 Posts
300WHP!!!!! sorry guys. But thats a big negative.

The best an STI has dyno'd to date is 251hp at the wheels. Now here is the kicker:

Srt-4 dyno's between 235-250 WHP (04srt-4) and its +300lbs lighter then the STI. Obviously from a dig the sti walks the srt. But thats it. It does not increase the gap after the 60ft. On the highway, both good drivers, the srt-4 will walk the sti by a couple cars up to 135mph.

STI is a nice car. The electronic differential is a nice touch thats for sure. But for $47,900 canadian, YIKES, I'll go with a nismo factory kitted 350Z. STI's are unique looking. But too extreme for my tastes. My SRT-4 after taxes was still $12,000 cheaper then the sti. Minus $1800 for stage 2, goodbye sti! :)
 
1 - 20 of 118 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top