Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
many 4 gens leak oil alot, i don't know how this can be fixed, but i use a little heavier oil (maxlife synthetic 10w30) and no more leaks. the brake and clutch master cylinder usually go out as well and the slave cylinder for the clutch. make sure the maintenance has been done, mainly the timing belt. don't buy one off a kid who probably raced it, and if you can buy 1 that hasn't been lowered, one that hasn't been hit in the front since it is fwd, if u can buy it with a clear title. others on this board can give you more input, these are the things that have happened to me and when i researched it many other people had the same problems. other things to look out at are the same things that you would look for in any car, like paint, alignment, tires, brakes, clean interior no tears in seats, and as low mileage as you possible find, and as few owners before you as you can find. i'm sure i'll think of something else and post it here.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.