Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i need a gauge cluster from a 89 civic not sure if it makes a difference but mine is a hatchback base model or std. and it is the manual trans i just want a stock one no reverse glow or any other ricey shit just stock thx ray p.m. or email me at rayr[email protected] my temp gauge and fuel gauge are not working thx ray.i also believe a 88-89 crx or civic dash will work would like si dash but open to all offers thx.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i dont think it will work man ive got a 90 hatch here with a good cluster but its totally different than mine its to big and when i plug in the wiring the lights are all screwed up and the gauges read funny my gauges are really small even the hood that goes over them is different any ideas nobody ive talked to has seen one like this.here are some pics of my dash thx again

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
it sounds like you may have a crx dash in there and in fact need a crx cluster i think the crx cluster is slightly smaller then the civic cluster

·
Registered
1,017 Posts
i might have an extra one of those also but im not 100% on that... i would have to look at the other house most of the crx parts of there since thats where they both are

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
see now thats the weird part my front end is shorter than other hatches to it takes a crx hood and fenders but the car is 100 percent original what the hell do i have here and my door panels are different the seat belts arent in the doors they are in the back panel and my doors are shorter also someone help here are some pics of my dash anyways.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i believe you may be right about the crx dash i believe they are smaller, if you have an extra that would be great, if the rear window defroster and dash illumination dial are on the front then it will work, my hazard button is on the steering column. thx ray.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
need gauges from either a 88-89 hatch or crx would like si if it will work thx ray.also have lots of parts to trade for parts also looking for drop springs for 89 hatch dont want coil overs either must be springs and also b series header.

·
Registered
93 Posts
The hoods from CRXs and Civic hatches are the same. The fenders are not. You must have an 88 because 88's had the seatbelts mounted in the B pillars and 89-91 had them mounted in the door. Your door should be the same size, but the glass will be longer than 89-91's.

88-89 CRX and Civic hatch gauges are the same
90-91 CRX and Civic hatch gauges are the same

I am ONLY talking about the shape and size of them. CRX gauges have a tach in them and the Civics do not, minus the SI's. They are interchangable between the selected years though.

Either way, if you're still looking my roomate parted out an 89 hatch and still has the gauges sitting in the garage. If you're interested email me back at [email protected] and I can tell him to get you some pics. Thanks.

Ken

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well my brother in law has a90 hatch and i have an extra crx hood and it wont fit on his hatch but it will fit on mine its to long on his car and my car is an 89 it was built in 9/89 but it was built in canada so i dont know if that makes a difference also my tailights are different than my brother in laws my turn signals are smaller anyways i sent you an email about the gauges if i could get one with the tach that would even be better thx ray.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
bump

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
still looking guys

·
Registered