Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to buy a JDM B18B on-line and have it shipped to my friends speed shop (he doesn't sell JDM or I would buy one from him). I want a full swap top, bottom, and tranny are the most important parts and must be together. The rest I can hunt down if I have too. What I really want to know is does anyone know where to get a quality engine from a reputable online vendor? Web sites and stories about the transaction would be great. Keep in mind that this is not a thread to try to get me to buy a Type-R engine or do some frankenstein work or get something with vtec. I have done tons of research and been advised, and for what I am going to do this set up will be fine. Just need to find a dealer with a good rep and see if he has the goods. I can wait for a while so if you know a good dealer but they are sold out thats not a big deal. I need to get the suspension and breaks done first anyways.

Thanks

cheesewiz6

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
I second hmotorsonline.com, they're good people. :tu

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
cheesewiz6 said:
I live in a state where testing is not even done. I want a JDM motor because I just want one.
good reason. :rolleyes

It's much smarter IMO to get a USDM motor.

Anyway..as you can see hmotorsonline is pretty much the most popular place...and with good reason.

·
Registered
7,273 Posts
kommon_sense said:
and what if you move, want to sell your car, or testing procedures change?
exactly. the emissions testing could change at any time. We don't have testing in FL but we used to. It just depends on the smog level and that can change over a course of a year...or maybe never but its a chance that you take and a waste of money if it does.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.