Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are b16's and b18 bolt in or not? I got someone telling me that I need to buy a mount kit to put the engine into a 92-95. I thought the ones that came with it would let it bolt in? He also told me that I will need new rotors b.c civic rotors will not match the spline pattern on the b series axles???? what? if that is so this is gay and nothing is bolt in

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well, What is this kit from hasport? It says that" instal any b series motor into 92-95 civic" he said i needed that? and he said b series trannyis use b series axles and b series? rotors must be used? does anyone else on here know/?

· Registered
61 Posts
the hasport kit is to mount an older(much cheaper) b16 that has differant mounts because it came in older generation cars. Newer b series motors that come equipped with a hydrolic clutch will bolt in with the stock mounts.

· Registered
225 Posts
My buddy put a b16a2 into a 92 civic hatch about 5 months ago. The engine went in with no problems, and no mount kits. The only think to watch for is to make sure your car is wired for vtec (only applies to cars going from non-vtec to vtec).

· Registered
76 Posts
Hey Civicgotballz...it sounds like you didn't understand my post on the mounts on your other thread...you don't need aftermarket mounts.

And whatever the other guys said about the axles not fitting the rotors is incorrect. I had a little trouble getting it in because of rust, but it all worked out fine for me, so I don't see how it's going to be any different about yours.

Now, the MAP sensors may be a little different from the DX to CX. The CX is more simplier, much like that of the LS.

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
no it wasnt you . it was anpother dude. he said the axle splines do not match up with the wheel hub....i dont know if hes correct or not you say no he says yes b/c he had to replce his on his car?????????????? he said the motor didnt even come close to fitting and he ordered a 400 dollar mount kit??? i thought evrything was bolt in... do i use the mount in my car now or the mounts that come with the motor? when you guys say mounts are you talking about the metal bracket hooked to the frame or the metal brack with the bushing hooked to the actuall engine? which one do i need?

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now he is saying: i need new wheel hubs, all new motor mounts and a control tie for the steering. it connects the power steering to the wheel hub ...he sia di need that off of a 94 gsr???? does anyone know? has anyone swapped theirself? i think someone lying.

· Registered
506 Posts
yeah its bolt in, but IMO the hasport mounts are almost worth it if you plan to have your car for awhile because they are made w/ strong urethane bushings and w/ hard driving they last a lot longer and do a much better job holding your engine in place, you could also just buy urethane bushings for your stock mounts and press them in yourself

· Registered
76 Posts
Well, urethane bushings/mounts are always better than rubber, but the money used for such an unecessary item could be saved for dealing with those "unexpected" problems involving a first time swap. Of course, if you got the money, then sure go ahead.

· Registered
1,332 Posts
ales would need to be used from a 90-93 integra LS youdont need to change your rotors or hubs at all....... the newer engines ( hydraulic transmission) will directly bolt in... 90-93 radiator hoses would need to be used also if I recall right also

· Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
they say that casue they probably a ex not a dx...mine is a dx...so i needed to swap everything in the kar...is ur a dx or ex?
if ur is a dx then u do....if u dont believe me..then oo well
see what will happen after u swap....

uhh yes it is.....you do need to...cause the parts on the 94 civic is for a d series axle...and after u drop a b series engine..u need the b series axles...but the b series axle wont fit in the b series spindle..so you need a b series spindle...and the only way is to swap out the entire front end...and that is to get it frum a 90-93 integra..it only cost 90 they say that casue they probably a ex not a dx...mine is a dx...so i needed to swap everything in the kar...is ur a dx or ex?
that is what a dude in another forum said....he's saying it wont bolt up in a cx but will bolt up in an ex 92-95 civic. i have never heard anything like that but i dont know.his name isCivicB16a95, so i wonder whos right and who wrong. i think you are all right b/c i have never heard anything about having to swap hubs and shit....

· Registered
76 Posts
Hey Civicgotballz... I know there are a lot of peeps out there who like to show off with their unreliable knowledge. Get this: I just did a 95 B18B1 swap into my 92 CX hatchback. I did NOT need new hubs, nor did the guys I bought the motor from. His hatch was a DX. We both used the 94-95 integra axles, and they DO fit. Don't know what else to tell you, cause I did this very swap myself, and it worked just fine...unless Honda decided to make your DX different. I'm sure your car isn't that special, so trust me.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.