Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
Individual Throttle bodies, don't know how they work because I've never seen them in action... well I know the basics as that they are throttle bodies taken out of sport bikes and are installed on an OEM stock Intake Manifold and computer needs to be programmed.

I wish Blake (2.2l) give us some insight on how much power he has produced with these... :(

·
Registered
7,299 Posts
each runner has a throttle body..like your stock stock one. all u do it cut the plenum off the stock one an do custom work. people use bike throttle bodies. (IE: hyabusa TB's) its not really a super easy process.

if u go to homemadeturbo.com ( i think thats the site) it shows u step by step on how to make your ITB's

·
Registered
399 Posts
DrivinVtec said:
now dont forget u cant boost with these. :bash but u can use nitrous. :D
I'm almost positive you can boost with ITB's, it just takes more work. I think I actually asked a question about that a long time ago, maybe not even on this forum, but I've seen pictures, it can be done. Didn't skylines come with ITB's?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
boosting with the ITB's displayed is not possible, becuase there's no plenum. If you were going to boost ITB's, you'd be fabbing a plenum onto the ITB's, and also working up a fuel management system that would be able to control each injector on each seperate throttle body, not to mention airflow, and possibly throttle aperature. It would be, in technical terms, a 'MOTHERFUCKING NIGHTMARE'.

And in reality, boosting with ITB's would make no sense, because you're already working with a forced, cold air (if intercoooled) supply of oxygen. It completely trumps the purpose of ITB's, which is to get air into each cylinder more efficiently. With FI, you're already cramming the shit in there anyways.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
yeah I've seen turboed, ITB equipped cars before...

and I dont know much about them... but I heard the late model skyline was equipped turboed with ITBs from the factory. I'm probably wrong though... but heard that somewhere and can't remember where.

and yeah, he hasn't finished those yet... those aren't even that close to being finished. so dont expect numbers anytime soon.

·
Registered
2,049 Posts
Anyone heard how much Blake has spent on this poject so far? Im curious to compare the DYI route to just buying some TWM ITBs.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.