Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
- I formatted my PC today
- I installed WMP 10
- Everything was find and dandy
- I installed SP2
- Now when im watching or listening to anything in WMP, if I skip ahead or behind on the track or video it turns the volume WAY up and I have to turn it back down again real quick with the volume slider, This wouldnt be such a problem but if your watching pron and you want to skip ahead to a good part and you skip ahead and youve got some bitch moaning super loud in 5.1 and it tends to make other household occupants a little suspecious.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
499 Posts
im not even gonna read your post, you identified the problem in your title
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,616 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Silum said:
im not even gonna read your post, you identified the problem in your title
:lol :lol its not doing it anymore now anyways so I dont know wtf it was being gay for



and messican your a mexican
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,973 Posts
Cdiesel12 said:
your an apple groupie


that is all...
I owned a pc first.

I currently own a Dell pc and a Mac.
I also use both at work.
Of course i'm gonna favor which ever company/products works better.
Like if you have a BMW and an Audi.
If one companies cars are better than the other ones, you will likely favor that company, unless they are equal.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
BabyVadah said:
I currently own a Dell pc and a Mac.
Everyone I know who owns a dell owns one because they didn't know better. Everyone who I know that owns something other than a dell does so because they owned a dell. Unfortunately you chose mac. Your bad.

And it's my firm belief that Macs don't get viruses or spyware yet because there aren't enough people who own them for it to be a lucritive market. Just you pissy tree hugging hippies wait... When you get your way and we're all using over-priced rebadged IBM's, that'll all change.

(edit: damn i must be in a bad mood...)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
I own a mac and I'm not a tree-hugging hippie. :huh
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,973 Posts
5gencivic said:
Everyone I know who owns a dell owns one because they didn't know better. Everyone who I know that owns something other than a dell does so because they owned a dell. Unfortunately you chose mac. Your bad.

And it's my firm belief that Macs don't get viruses or spyware yet because there aren't enough people who own them for it to be a lucritive market. Just you pissy tree hugging hippies wait... When you get your way and we're all using over-priced rebadged IBM's, that'll all change.

(edit: damn i must be in a bad mood...)
It's not Dell that's the problem, it's Windows.
I've used plenty of other Pc's.
There is nothing wrong with the Dell part of the computer, just that windows is not that stable.
And i really don't care if you stick with a pc or not, i'm just suggesting a better product, a better media player.
Actually, RealPlayer 10 is pretty good too, better than WMP.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,893 Posts
Windows' main problem is inept users. I've said it once I'll say it again 98% of all problems with anything is the end user. I know people who tell me that they can't go one week without having OSX crash on them. I know Windows people who are the same way. I've yet to reinstall my system because of spyware or viruses in the past 2 years. My wife's machine has been up and running for 28months and she beats the piss out of it.
And wether realplayer 10 is a better product or not is completely your opinion. Personally i'll take the free WMP10 over the you have to pay for it or we'll put spyware on your pc Realplayer 10.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
animosity said:
a simple reinstall would have fixed his problem, not buying a 500 dollar mac :lol
re-installing an OS is not simple. Its a pain in the ass. Wow a security patch that disables there own programs. To me thats just crazy. Why not spend the time to make WMP work with SP 2? Geez what a crazy thought.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,297 Posts
5gencivic said:
Windows' main problem is inept users. I've said it once I'll say it again 98% of all problems with anything is the end user. I know people who tell me that they can't go one week without having OSX crash on them. I know Windows people who are the same way. I've yet to reinstall my system because of spyware or viruses in the past 2 years. My wife's machine has been up and running for 28months and she beats the piss out of it.
And wether realplayer 10 is a better product or not is completely your opinion. Personally i'll take the free WMP10 over the you have to pay for it or we'll put spyware on your pc Realplayer 10.
In my experience with both OS's, windows (although mostly stable) crashes more. I had my OS 10.2 system crash once that I can remember in over 2 years. Windows is like maybe once or twice a month or so.

edit: I also think that the crashes are a lot of time caused by shitty hardware (which is found in most pc's) So you could say that if that was the case in macs they might crash more. I guess the argument could go both ways.
 
1 - 19 of 19 Posts
Top