Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
alright so took the car to the track today ran it twice everything goin good last run i was doing i get to the end my car starts jerking really bad, so first reaction is oh shit trannys goin out, but starting driving around some more and keep hearing metal on metal clicking on the motor would jump really bad, and i dunno through first and second gear it was horrible clicking and felt like the engine was jumping and liek something was dragging but nothing was, got home barley, popped the hood backed up had a friend watching and he said the motor bounced back and up like 3inches so im guessing now that my motor mounts broke but not sure... any suggestions on whats up with it.. thanks

·
Banned
1,160 Posts
sounds like your motor is about to blow.

·
Registered
392 Posts
no it doesnt, u prob just wore the motor mount bushings out. my buddy went thru the exact same thing on his 3rd gen accord. just find on in a junk yard, grab a piece of plywood and put it on a floor jack and jack ur engine up thenpop the bushing on. if i were u id go ahead and replace all of them. doesnt someone make poly urethane bushings?

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
lude_dude_si said:
no it doesnt, u prob just wore the motor mount bushings out. my buddy went thru the exact same thing on his 3rd gen accord. just find on in a junk yard, grab a piece of plywood and put it on a floor jack and jack ur engine up thenpop the bushing on. if i were u id go ahead and replace all of them. doesnt someone make poly urethane bushings?
I think also that you just busted a mount. I'd jst go and buy some new ones and spend the $30 and get the urethane inserts. Put those on my DA, and made a nice improvement.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts