Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i fixed my tps and cleared my cel, now when im driving and i put in nuetral to coast to a red light, the rpms stay at 2000, then when i get to a complete stop it drops to around 1500 and it also spitts and sputters when i give it a little gas, then all i have to do is quickly take my foot off the gas and push it again and the car goes... it seems to be getting worse lately... i this is my dd and i cant afford to loose it...dose anyone know wtf??:bash

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah its done this since ive had the car, that was the reason i decided to change the tps, i have no cel. it just runs like crap, i thought it may have been the iac valve, but i tested it and everything checks out ok, you think it could be the ignition timing? ive replaced just about everything in the dizzy but the icm, ive done new ngk plugs, so the only thing i can think of would be the plug wires, the ignition timing, or the icm, or i suppose a vaccume leak but i dnt know how to check for them....any help would be brutal...

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
i have a similar issue on my 94 civic my iac and fitv are both good, i cant find a vaccum leak but i still get idle surge form 200-1200 rpm when warm, anyways i gave up looking for the issue cause i have a GSR motor waiting to be swapped......as far as finding a vaccum leak, you can take brake, or carb cleaner and spray the hoses while the car is running if you hit a hole in the line the idle will change pretty quick

· Registered
1,963 Posts
double check your tps...there is always the possibility of slight screw up it happens all the time....I had a pos back-yard built alltrac and could not figure out for the longest why it was still over heating even after a new thermostat...there was no water in the oil, smoking or anything like that. i double checked the thermo and sure enough it had come loose...a similar story happened to me with the same car on that time it was a bolt breaking on a new dizzy button i put on.

· Premium Member
6,822 Posts
Anomoly... check your tps sensor that may help your problem... ive changed mine and calibrated it and it helped out some... but who knows our problems my not be related..
i checked TPS, IAC, with a multimeter, then tried a known good TPS, and IAC nothing changed, i know this sounds strange but you might also make sure all of your ground's have good connection, i dont think it will cause your problem but i have seen loose grounds cause plenty of headaches

· Registered
1,993 Posts
rough idle? Timing, maybe a leaking valve, bad fpr?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
i dont know how you would double check a tps seeing as how it would throw a code if it were off, so i dont think thats it, is it posssible that i got a tps for an automatic on mistake when i got a 5 speed? or are they even different?...

· Registered
1,993 Posts
You had a few suggestions, so did u check anything so far?

· Registered
1,993 Posts
ok, well did u check your tps? What about your IAC? Is your timing perfect?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
i checked tps, its good, checked iac, it's good, and timing, thats good also.. you know what the damn problem ended up being?? damn fuel pump!! thats never happend before ( not to me anyways). im going to order a walbro 255 so it should be... well.. sitting in the driveway, so i can do body work ha ha, atleast now when im going to work it will only look like shit instead of run like it.. ha ha. thanks again for u guys help... again!... and my display name was intended to be floridaorangeboost but i fucked up on it anyone know how to fix that ? lol

· Registered
1,993 Posts
good job. Thnx for posting after you fixed it too. Fuel pumps happen to sneak up on pdeople, my next guess would have been check fuel pressure.

Idk about your name though, you might b stuck with it, lol.

· Registered
1,993 Posts
You probably disconnected something..Does it crank?

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
it damn sure tries... i think it could have something to do with my e.l.d but im nt totally sure.. im almost positive its electrical though.. but finding it is proving to be a problem.. its hard to tell.. its an 88si with a y8 swap, and seeing as how i diddnt do the swap, i dnt even kno what car to research. the wiring is almost the same on both cars w little diff, but the fuse boxes are diff, under hood is 88si, but dash is y8, and electrical isnt my field...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.