Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTT: Drift rdy 240sx w/ rb20det swap UPDATED PICS for eg,ek,integra...

Looking to trade for a !CLEAN! 5 speed eg coupe with vtec motor plus CASH. D or B is fine. Car will be built for all motor/grip so dont throw turbo stuff at me. Running ITB setups are most ideal. Let me see the car and how much cash your offering.

And heres what ya get...

1990 Black(ish) 240sx with a swapped RB20DET

Body has 133k, motor has about 50k (saw the gauge cluster myself)

Susp

Tein HR coilover system
Tein front upper pillow ball mount camber plates
Tein inner tie rods
Tein outer tie rods
Tein tension rods
Cusco front upper strut bar
Cusco front lower brace
Cusco rear upper strut bar
Whiteline rear sway bar and bushings
Jic rear upper pillow mount
Rear adjustable upper camber arms
Rear adjustable lower toe arms

Gauges and controllers

Apexi power FC with commander
Apexi avc-r
Apexi s-afc
Greddy boost gauge
Greddy egt gauge

Brakes

Brembo slotted and cross drilled zinc plated rotors
Stillen stainless steel brake lines
Oem nissan rebuild calipers
Hawk ceramic pads
Dot 5 super blue ate fluid for brakes and clutch

Safety

Car is gutted!
Autopower 6 point bolt in roll cage w/ door bars
Simpson 5 point latch system
Corbeau ForzaII in black
Stock se grey cloth passenger seat w/ 4 point sparco harness

Drivetrain

Rb20det and manual transmission w/redline mt90 fluid
Welded diff with royal purple gear oil
Freshly rebuilt ported 16g
Short shift kit
550cc gt-r injectors
Hks 264 cams
Jun cam gears
Tophat upper intake manifold
Blitz blow off valve
Earl’s Oil Cooler (not installed)
Greddy oil filter relocation system
Nismo fuel pressure regulator
Oem nissan gt-r fuel rail
Fuel pressure gauge
Oem nissan z32 mafs
Cusco oil catch can
Oem nissan r-33 over flow tank
Koyo racing aluminum radiator
Fal dual pusher fans
Nismo thermostat
2.5in intercooler piping
3 inch down pipe
Baffled test pipe
Motoria catback exhaust
Oem nissan gt-r fuel pump

Other stuff im sure im forgetting...

Car isnt much of a looker but has it where it counts. Car is gutted! Took it to Atco once and ran a 12.9 with (which I later found out) a bad coil pack, ignitor, and bald street tires. Have since replaced all. This is drift ready, would be incredibly competitive im sure but I never really got a chance to really drive, it was either winter time or i was into some kind of project with it. Im selling because i need something as a better daily driver.

car currently has 15x9 Centerlines with a -38 offset (has about a 5 inch lip) with the centers painted gold and fender flares. Also comes with all my extra parts which include a non-baffled test pipe, coil packs, ignitor, jdm front turn signals, etc...

No test drives unless youve got cash with you

Have a couple of older pics with the old wheels and no fender flares. Search "turbo 240 autocross" on youtube to see a video of the car with the centerlines.

heres the link : YouTube - Turbo Nissan 240 Autocross

Located in Wenonah, NJ. Pm if interested or email at [email protected]

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha well preferably b-series, whatever cash I get will be just dumped right back into the car. The car will be setup for balance, not necassarily max hp. I realize that more than likely that i will be taking a loss and downgrading (and by that I mean in power and speed, not going from a nissan to a honda). ive just gotten to the point where i need a solid and comfortable daily.

PREFERABLY, i was looking for a miata but theyre not the best in the power department without dumping tons of money into, in the all motor aspect i mean. And yes i know, more bang for your buck in turbo, but there is something about an all motor setup that gives you a different feeling, its a preference.

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
all motor only matter with 6 cylinders or more ...haha j/p i see what you're saying. but an rb20 rwd turbo car for eg bubble kinda hurts me. why not just save up 1500 bucks and get a stock eg hatch from an old lady. just saying that's all

·
Premium Member
29,826 Posts
now an h22a would be nice and worth it or if you get lucky by god a k20a2

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes h22 vtec would be my number one choice. I kinda figured a k series would be out of my league price wise but we'll see what happens...mmmm ITB'd h22, i like the sound of that

·
Registered
11,861 Posts
:idiots

just doesnt make sense

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Its a gutted street car and I'm just looking for a nicer daily. Like I said, I know ill be taking a loss in the wallet and in "speed" but I'm a mechanic at a Mr. tire and it would be nice to be actually able to order replacement parts for my motor rather than having to search on the internet for 2 weeks for a decent price on a coil pack, alternator, etc and then waiting for it to be shipped. Finding parts isnt hard at all, i just cant afford down time like that with the car as its all ive got....If anything I'm going to give someone a f'n sweet deal on a sick car

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh and i do know what the car is worth so pls no low ballers. I'm just a car guy tryin to get by. I'm sure everyone knows what I mean, lol

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
eh just not down with bubble, i think theyre just too damn ugly, Id def take one as a track car but i dont want to drive a car that i myself dont like lol, but thanks for the offer

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
you wouldn't want anything that guy gets his hands on anyways :lol

Gotta agree that I can't understand trading that thing when you could put a couple bucks together and get a decent DD; but I see what you're sayin bout hating the hunt and wait time on parts...

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
You could keep the RB and sell the shell and come out with more than half of the money of an SOHC EG..then go to a u pull it an get a GSR for maAd Cheap.

Dont totally screw yourself

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Enjoitharex - i just said i cant afford down time. If i pull a motor out of a car then I have no car to get to a junk yard. I dont have time to screw around with stuff. I work a full time job, go to school full time, and have a gf to entertain. I never said i wasnt expecting a decent amount of cash on the traders part, or maybe someone will come around with something really special that ill trade straight up for. Yea it may not make the most sense but its just not worth the added stress.

Honduhdave - I cant really afford to maintain two cars and pay insurance and what not. Got rent to pay. Thanks for understanding.

Not tryin to be harsh but this is just whats best suited for me right now in my life. i know i'm gonna end up regretting it a year from now and miss the car but honestly, we always regret sellin a car, thats just what happens with car guys and getting attached. I used to have a POS taurus and I hated it but man it was comfy and fit alot of shit inside.

·
Registered
4,295 Posts
WVU - shut up :p

cgold - I feel where you're coming from. I'd like to have money for a DD and a project car but that's just not realistic right now. And you're definitely right about regretting selling your car after wards, that's happened to me pretty much every time. I just couldn't imagine dumpin that kinda cash in to my ride and then gettin rid of it for a DD; I guess maybe I wouldn't have built it that way in the first place...

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well i didnt actually dump everything into, i bought the car with it swapped and running like shit. I fixed it, made it go fast and turn slideways. Before i got this car i was looking for an all motor track car as i knew thats what i really wanted but got sucked into a great deal and the drift bug. Really what it comes down to is I made a bad decision as far as a DD and now im regretting it. Oh well....

1 - 20 of 61 Posts