Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinking about gettin a "gtp" bodykit from importfan.com one day....... they look really flexible to me for a fibberglass kit. take a look http://www.importfan.com/fake.htm but i heard from other ppl they suck........it looks pretty good to me. should i get one?

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Hmmm... I'm not a fan of fiberglass myself. And it seems to me that they're selling their *packaging* a lot more than they're selling their product on that site. Hmmm...

Oh well, it's your money. If you wanted my vote though, I'd have to say no.

·
Registered
201 Posts
from what I have heard they are pretty good to deal with. They charge a shitload for kits though. Especialy when they are not original. I would much rather spend an extra 200 dollars and get the real thing. I'm sure you have heard this before and so did I but fiberglass doesn't last. I went through 3 front ends on my crx and now that I have my hatch I swore to never get it again.

·
Registered
1,142 Posts
damn, that looks pretty flexible. . . but the mesh looks like it's done very cheaply. . . try having them send you a video with ray and carlos hitting it with a sledgehammer :) i'd like to see if it could handle that.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got a Blitz kit for my '97 Eclipse GS-T from Importfan over a year ago. It was a clean cut kit, didn't need a lot of prep work. This was pre-Blue Class though. Was gelcoated white.

Unfortunatly I never installed the kit because The Fast and the Furious came out, and that POS Lime Green 420A GS was sporting it. Good thing too, because a week after the movie came out, every f-ing Eclipse in the DC-Metro area had it installed.

:ryu: Stupid ass, inaccurate "Street Racer" movies

Regards,
Matt J.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I got my CW frontend from importfan "GTP" whatever....

It was complete crap....you see all those pics of "fake" how you can see through it, and rough edges?

Thats what mine looked like but worse. This might give you any idea of how bad it fit:

~6" to wide at the top (yes 3" on each side!!)
~thin as paper in places
~ I worked over 10 hours just to be able to bolt it up the car properly. (mind ext body work...that was just rough fiberglassing to get it to fit)
~had to cut a OEM poly bumper to use for the top
~ about 20 hours total of extra work just to get it to fit decent.

I was PISSED!

Pics of compete front HERE

(that blue piece is where I had cut off the top cause it fit so bad)

I know its GTP stuff to cause it had the GTP stickers and importfan crap all over it.

I will never buy from there again.:mad:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts