Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just flipping through channels late at night and saw all these infomercials. Then I ran into this channel that was talking about X3D Technology.

If you go to their website, they're selling a computer with that X3D Technology. Anyone have an idea what the specs are on it?

I was just wondering if their stuff really works? And does anyone have any experiences with their products?

I wonder how this product is, seeing it as one of those "AS SEEN ON TV" products makes me wonder if this really works.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
X3d is based on the alternating scan line on your tv. The glasses they give you are actually lcd shutters that turn on and off about 60 times a second. Have you ever seen the stereoscopic pics? The ones where there are two pics right next to each other but if you look a them you see a 3d depiction of the scene?

Remember those things called Viewmasters? The ones with the circular disk that you slide into a viewing device and looked through? That's the same concept except the glasses make you see one image at a time very rapidly one eye at a time. I've heard it's supposed to be pretty good.

·
Registered
575 Posts
they're using the technology for the current world chess championships. i saw it on espn yesterday.

its some guy vs a computer and he wears the glasses so he can see the chess board in 3D.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts