Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

Which one do you own?

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I owned a ps2, but i sold it. I'm with the box currently i like it fast nice graphics xbox live i love the control..sort of reminds me of dreamcast, and just the loading time is great, i get abit impatient sure we lack in some good games, but games like halo and splinter cell really make up for it plus the h/d is a added bonus to put music and save a ish load with out buying a memory card.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
I've owned both....first ps2 (died) then xbox (sold it) now a ps2 again....only reason i have a ps2 is for GT4....I like ps2 controller better/more games. but xbox is crisper/cleaner running system..

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
PS2 for me. I'd take a free xbox though for Halo2.
PS2 has the best software, and the most too. And we all know it's the software that counts, not the system. Also has the best variety of software.
PS2 has the best controller, ever.
I have HD Loader for the PS2 w/60GB HD i found lying around, so load times are a thing of the past. No mod required to run HD Loader.
On a PS2, playing games online is FREE, not $20 a month like XBox.

GT4, MGS3, GTA:SA, just a few incredible must have games for the system.

·
Young&Dangerous
10,160 Posts
Try the Logitech Cordless Controller for the Xbox they are the best... I dont realy like the OEM ones! It makes a world of a diff!

·
Registered
972 Posts
i am not sure what it really is. my uncle installed it for me its a chip that saves the games on the unit. instead of spending 50 bucks just rent it for 5 bucks maybe less and save it to the hd.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
UNCIVILIZED1 said:
i am not sure what it really is. my uncle installed it for me its a chip that saves the games on the unit. instead of spending 50 bucks just rent it for 5 bucks maybe less and save it to the hd.
Like HD Loader for ps2, except with HD Loader all you need is the software ($30) and a HD, no mod needed.
It does the same, you put in the game and you dl to the HD.
You then leave the HD disc and you run the game off the hd.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
I own both...both have good games that the other doesnt......I don't feel one is better except for playing online I think xbox is better

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I use my xbox as a game system/media center. Hell it even gets weather reports for me.

The Xbox is more versatile, however games on the PS2 seem to be a little bit better. If a game comes out for both systems I'll get the xbox game hands down.

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
AEgeus said:
I use my xbox as a game system/media center. Hell it even gets weather reports for me.

The Xbox is more versatile, however games on the PS2 seem to be a little bit better. If a game comes out for both systems I'll get the xbox game hands down.

I get the xbox game over the ps2 one as well

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
BabyVadah said:
And of course in the end, that's what really defines a system, The Games.
Well, actually if I had to choose between the Xbox and PS2 I'd definatly get the Xbox over the PS2 because it can do so much more, it looks 10 times better and the games I reall do play are all on my xbox.

So What really defines the system is how you use the system not just the games.

·
Registered
5,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
AEgeus said:
Well, actually if I had to choose between the Xbox and PS2 I'd definatly get the Xbox over the PS2 because it can do so much more, it looks 10 times better and the games I reall do play are all on my xbox.

So What really defines the system is how you use the system not just the games.
Are you kidding me?
So, for instance, you would pick a "faster" system with crap games over a "slower" system with incredible games?
Now that's ricey!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts