Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The project is coming together! I just got my money for the turbo and to do the transmission! I've decided to go with the quaife lsd, but now I just need to choose the transmission. Currently I have an s1, which I think came from an integra? 4th gear grinds, so if I stick with this tranny it will need new synchros. For turbo which transmission would be better, would it be better to rebuild the one I have or get a new one that doesnt grind?

As far as the project goes, the block is done and waiting patiently to be put in. I got my arp head studs, head gasket is on the way, and the ls/vtec oil line kit(from full-race) should be here next week, then alls I need is the greddy timing belt and the engine can go in. Im doing the transmission at the same time, so this week I need to make the decision on which way to go so I can order what ever I need. I think the most exciting part is knowing that the money for the turbo is sitting in my bank just waiting for the block and tranny to go in, so I can get the turbo!!!!!

·
Registered
317 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
filling the block? Never heard of that...my finial power goal is 350 to the wheels, which I know the way the block is set up now can handle, but what is filling the block?

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
well if u have it sleeved already or have posts or block guard installed then dont worry about it...even though this has proven to be better than block guards and posts...eventhough not many people even know about it

for everyone who is gonan do turbo on low budget here you go

link

·
Registered
95 Posts
tranny

Just my opinion but for a more horsepower app. a longer gear tranny would be better the ys1 will rev out to quick and would probably catch you alittle off gaurd of when to shift i would probably go with the gsr tranny which is still pretty quick geared but is longer than the b16. Good Luck

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
hcvcrx said:
Just my opinion but for a more horsepower app. a longer gear tranny would be better the ys1 will rev out to quick and would probably catch you alittle off gaurd of when to shift i would probably go with the gsr tranny which is still pretty quick geared but is longer than the b16. Good Luck
thats the dumbest thing i ever read...it doesnt give you horsepower...it just makes u go slower off the line and faster later on

for drag u want a short gear ratio tranny

for turbo i would get one that is in the middle...u dont want too long unless ur pusing like 20psi of boost

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.