Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i need to know what needs to be done to put the y7 head on a b7 block. i was told about the oil jets, can someone explane to me more about what i have to do.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
my friends head is cracked and has no other head to put on it.

·
Registered
193 Posts
You will need to use b7 head bolts except for the top left corner bolt. For that hole you will need a y7 head bolt. Use a y7 head gasket. Should be a decent bump up in compression from the b7. y7(34.6cc chambers vs. the b7 38cc). Should be somewhere between 9.8-10:1 CR. You can get a decent regrind cam from DeltaCam or Exospeed for the y7.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
The oil jet is in the top of the block between cylinders 2 & 3. For Y heads and Z heads the oil jet is in the head so you would remove the one in th block or oil pressure will be too high. the Y7 is a good choice for performance without any wiring hassle on an older non-VTEC. It not only raises compression but the valves are larger and the valvetrain easily handles over 7K rpms.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Thanks, I'm sure everyone will appreciate that misinformation. FYI, not ALL D-series parts are compatible. And when their VTEC won't engage due to extreme oil pressure, since you told them to slap it on and go. Older sohc non-VTEC blocks have oil control jets in the block not the head, there are even step-by-step mini-me instructions with pictures on the web, you can see them removing it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts