Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a couple of questions regarding this swap. I did a search and found out that it is best to use an auto Y8 manifold if you plan on keeping your Y7 head and ecu. Would it be possible to use a 5 speed Y8 intake manifold with a stock Y7 ecu and use the Y7 stock throttle body? (throttle body will be ported) Could I use all of the hardware ie, injectors, fuel rail, etc. on the Y8 5 speed manifold? If possible is there anything else that I should be aware of? I have access to a Y8 manifold from a 5 speed and just want to cover all of my bases before the purchase. Thanks in advance!!! :D

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
Just do it right the first time and get an ECU and TB.

ECU
60mm TB

Just port match the manifold to the throttle body ....swap TPS injectors, plug in the ECU and you're set.

·
Registered
10,272 Posts
oh...

Why ya doin that!??

But anyway..then I don't think you need to swap ECU's.....correct me if I'm wrong. OBD-2 stuff seems to be really funky

·
Registered
645 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
gurusan said:
oh...

Why ya doin that!??

But anyway..then I don't think you need to swap ECU's.....correct me if I'm wrong. OBD-2 stuff seems to be really funky
OBD2 IS funky.... sucks.... barely any chipping programs out there and is a pain in the ass... I think I'm gonna have to look into a OBD2 to OBD1 conversion in the future...

Back on track anyone have any suggestions/answers for the first question?

·
Registered
11,248 Posts
Tuner Type 1 said:
Would it be possible to use a 5 speed Y8 intake manifold with a stock Y7 ecu and use the Y7 stock throttle body? (throttle body will be ported)
Yes. Only issue is that you will have to plug the hole in the back of the y8 IM where the iacv goes. 5-spd has iacv on the back of the IM while the auto has the iacv integrated into the tb, like your y7 does.

Could I use all of the hardware ie, injectors, fuel rail, etc. on the Y8 5 speed manifold? If possible is there anything else that I should be aware of?
y7 injectors are 190cc, y8 injectors are 240cc. You will need to use your y7 injectors.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
1) Yes, you can use the y8 5-speed manifold no problem, you just need to block off the holes on the back for the IACV.
2) You will still need to get ahold of a side-mount t/b to get the throttle rotor & spring from it to put on your t/b, or else get a Y8 automatic t/b.
3) You will keep your fuel rail and injectors from the Y7 or you'll be smoking big time from the rich mixture. Y8 injectors are 33% larger than the Y7 units, so they'll dump too much fuel with a Y7 ecu.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts