Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was holding out for a 6sp but thinking I might go for this one cause the price is right. I'm looking at an 04, Auto with 65K on it. Body is clean and engine is also clean. I can get it for $11.5k which is pretty cheap for my area compared to the rest I have found. It will need tires but thats all as far as I could tell from inspecting it and starting it up.

KBB values are at:
Excellent $15,395
Good $14,425
Fair $13,135

Is there any things that I need to worry about being that its a first gen 04? I was worried about if it had been run on premium gas its whole life or not, I intend to use that only but is there any problems to look out for if it had been run on regular in the past? Is the Tiptronic even worth using every now and then, I hear its not that great? If it sounds good then wish me luck. Gonna test drive it on Tues, I will take a few pictures then too.

If I do buy it then I want to get a lip for it right away. Also gonna need some fogs, are they expensive through a dealer? Then its rims and maybe a drop.

·
Registered
2,529 Posts
the 04's, being the first model year of the TSX, had a few problems, including lights going out on the HVAC and radio controls, lights going out on the seat heater buttons, creaking in the drivers seat, condensation in the headlights, etc. Personally I'd hold out for an 05 if I were you, and you can have XM radio. If you really want a 6MT, you should really wait. The 5ATs are SLOW compared to the 6MTs. Don't settle or you'll be disappointed later. And even if you think this is too good to pass up, it probably is. Get a carfax history report too.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.