Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will a b18b1 fit into a 92-95 civic? I imagine I need a engine tranny and ecu. The ecu needs to be a p74 right? Does anyone know if the wiring on this civic will comply with the b18b engine? Will The sensors on the 92-95 civic dx fit the b18b? Any new motor mounts. Please help me out if ya know. I have all of these swap options and am just trying to learn what wuld be nice in my car. If anyoen know please give me one. Is their a difference between the b18b1 and the b18a1?

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
use the SEARCH function. Yes it will work. Easy swap. Go to Honda Swap for more specific info on the swap.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok thanks man. But does anyone know if i want the b18a1 with 140 hp or the b18b1 with 140hp . the 92-93 b18a1 uses the the same ecu as the 94-95 b18b1 and has obd-1 right? 95 and up has obd-2 right? so for my car i would want the b18a1 or b18b1?? anyone know

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
GO TO THE LINK I PROVIDED. It talks about ECUs and what works best with each car.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
If it's available use the B18B, but I suppose there's no difference as long as teh motor is same year or newer than your civic, for legality purposes in some states.

All cars 92-95 are OBD1 so you are already OBD1. All cars 96-2000 are OBD2. You can use a motor from OBD2 but don't change your ECU over to OBD2!!! They are difficult to work with. P74 or P75 I think are the ones to use.

Get motor, trans, axles, ECU, engine mounts all from the Teg.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I went to the sight bro. P74/P75 OBD-I is what I want. Correct me if I am wrong. The guy talked in circles about the motor mounts though. I think in the end I need the mounts off of the engine I am swapping. Am I right? I still havent found anything out about the wiring though. Like if my sensors are the same as the 18a-b or not. I would like to know that. And he said when he swapped a b16a3 into his delsol he needed a wiring harness? I thought the harness was already in the car. I thought you use your stock harness with the swap and just be electrician for a day and add a few wiries. Get bakc with me if you want to. You seem to know something. I about know evything.

·
Registered
7,625 Posts
Well you have a non-vtec car and you are putting a non-vtec motor in so you shouldn't need another harness. The B16A3 is VTEC so the other guy who put in it had to change engine harnesses to get all the connectors he needed for VTEC and other things.
BUT...like you said, you might have some minor mods to the harness. You have to make sure that things like the IACV and the O2 sensors have the same number of wires $ the same plugs, etc. With OBD1 though it should be pretty straightforward.

·
Registered
1,547 Posts
I don't know the exact engine code, I'll check tomorrow or something. And, back when I got the swap, I had no idea how to do a swap, 3 years ago, so no I did not do it myself. But I do plan on getting another b18 LS, building it up and then dropping it in.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.