Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes, my car is the official "problem car" for SHO I've decided. This time it has to do with something else. 2 days ago I started my car at work and started making my way out of the parking lot. My car started stuttering when I give it gas. It's not the spark plugs because they are brand new NGK and correctly gapped. They've been in for about a month (and I just rechecked them and the problem remains). I have no idea what the problem is or where it's coming from. It happens in all the gears (mostly 3rd & 4th) and goes away after I drive around for a while. Any clues?? :confused

·
Registered
719 Posts
i dont really think it would be the plug wires, but you could check the resistance of the wires or wait until its really dark out and look to see if they are shorting or arcing

Reactions: Thorgs

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Thorgs said:
Yes, my car is the official "problem car" for SHO I've decided. This time it has to do with something else. 2 days ago I started my car at work and started making my way out of the parking lot. My car started stuttering when I give it gas. It's not the spark plugs because they are brand new NGK and correctly gapped. They've been in for about a month (and I just rechecked them and the problem remains). I have no idea what the problem is or where it's coming from. It happens in all the gears (mostly 3rd & 4th) and goes away after I drive around for a while. Any clues?? :confused
could be either a misfire or even be lack of fuel somewhere. whens last time you did a full tuneup.

doesnt matter if your plugs are brand new. a car doesnt run with just plugs. hows ur cap, wire, rotor.

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
my rotor and cap are supposed to be brand new because i just spent 600 for a new distributor (yes i installed a new one before i took it to the shop then they put a new one in and charged me 600...they lied because i found out it was just a bad fuse that i didnt know about) but they used my old rotor and cap...so i didnt even get a "full" brand new distributor! god i hate mechanics who steal from you...

·
Registered
3,076 Posts
Thorgs said:
my rotor and cap are supposed to be brand new because i just spent 600 for a new distributor (yes i installed a new one before i took it to the shop then they put a new one in and charged me 600...they lied because i found out it was just a bad fuse that i didnt know about) but they used my old rotor and cap...so i didnt even get a "full" brand new distributor! god i hate mechanics who steal from you...
oh word! sell me your civic! LOL JK!!

you should be getting a light. pull your spark plugs..................right there it can tell your problem

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well, the problem seems to have gone away so maybe it was just a fluke thing. Now my next thing to figure out is try to figure out why my fuel kill swtich keeps shorting out and why I have so much RFI (and i just rewired everything, making sure the power wires and speakers wires are not near eachother, made sure everything was tight and shortened the ground wires...at least it's not as bad now)

Thanks for the help though!

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Well, here's my latest idea...I want to paint my rims black to compliment the black accents on my car. Anyone know how to do it the right way (DIY)?

Also, what would cause engine noise if everything is grounded properly, the speaker wire and power wire aren't running together, and I made sure everything was tightened down? This has been a problem since I first bought the car :bash

And one last question, I had a kill switch (two pole) that worked well for a few months then it started shorting out and blowing the fuel pump fuse...what would cause this? If I got a 3 pole switch (line in, line out, ground) would that maybe be a fix? Thanks again guys!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.