Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
asking price for prelude vtec?

i have a 93 vtec prelude headers back and intake and i am tryin to sell the car looks and runs great, i was wanderin how much you guys think i could potentially get for it , i wanted to sell for 8000, or 8500 i have a brand new motor 45000 miles on engine brand new tranny, clutch tell me what you guys think? thanks

·
Registered
629 Posts
Rough estimate: $3,380

A 11 year old car...

if the body is solid, interior good, engine runs strong... POSSIBLY up to 5,000.

It's still a 11 year old car though.

I know earlier this year I passed up a '92 with decent miles, good interior and the paint problem for $3000.

Good luck selling her.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Geeze guys, just a few weeks ago I asked this same question for a near idendical car and was told I "should be able to get 8k" and my asking of 6.5 was pretty reasonable. I could sell my car tomorrow for 5.5k if I wanted, but I'm gonna hold out for what it's worth. I've seen one other prelude vtec around all of michigan in the past year, which makes them pretty damn rare to come by around here, especially in good condition. With the engine swap, it might not actually increase the value to the next buyer, but instead prevent the loss in value of an old, tired engine. Good luck sellin!

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
i know for a fact i can get more than 8k for my 93 lude... i don't know where you guys live, but there was a 96 vtec lude by me that sold for 11,500 with like 118k miles on it. vtec ludes aren't that common...

·
Registered
1,229 Posts
wutangben said:
i know for a fact i can get more than 8k for my 93 lude... i don't know where you guys live, but there was a 96 vtec lude by me that sold for 11,500 with like 118k miles on it. vtec ludes aren't that common...

if you can sell your lude for 8K? why not do it...that's a damn good price....

·
Registered
4,134 Posts
i think 6500 is reasonable

·
Registered
618 Posts
If you can swing it, I would keep the Lude even if you bought something else.

For the money I received on my last 2 trade ins at the dealership, it would have been worth it for me to keep it..

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
some people are crazy. 5k tops? prelude vtec's are rare around here.. they sell for an easy 7k!! wow.. i bought my car for 7500 with 115k miles.. and all the ones that sell here are in the 9 or 10k range with low miles. i figure i can get about 8500 because i have the new motor in it with 45k miles..

i think it's just alot of people want more for there money than they have to give. lowballer heaven.. geez

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
huh? lol...

uhh okay. preludes are pretty common where i live. u can find a 5th gen with a good amount of miles here for 8500, what ur asking for ur 93 lude. check the blue book value on it too, i think u'll see what we mean. maybe if it were a 96 with the original engine on low low miles, 8500 would be possible

i guess i live in lowballer heaven. :cry:

but hey, if you can sell it for that much, take advantage of it.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
i just hate looking at the value of my car but i baught mine used 3 years ageo for 13k and now the blue book value is 11k or 10k and its a 97, usually 5pd base models sell for the most around here.

·
Registered
3,278 Posts
yea i know what you mean. how would u feel if u bought ur prelude brand new and 28 grand and now u can only get 9 or 10 if ur lucky..sucks how cars get old..:cry:

and they say that's a high resale value...garrr.. best to just keep the car and love her

·
Registered
4,212 Posts
I sold my prelude for 5,000 dollars with 94k miles on it, with several mods, no rust, paint was in great condition, except for front which has chips from rocks from the previous owner. It was such a great car, taken really great care on it.

I could of sold it for 6000 but had to sell it fast, for 5,000 and it was sold 3 days later.

and new news, the guy that bought my prelude just sold it a few weeks ago..

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
heres a funny story about a mr2 turbo my friend had that works with me,

about 6 years ageo he baught a MR2 turbo for $10k and its completely stock, he drove the heck out of it and then last year he decided to sell it, he put it in the auto trader for 5k and the guy talked him down to like 4k. well a few weeks ageo after the orlando prelude mini meet we decided to all drive over to a import meet and when we got there there was the MR2, same one, how do i know because i painted the car for my buddy, so i walked over to the guy and said hey thats a awsome car i knew the guy that use to own it and he said ya its in really good shape, then i said you got a hell of a deal on it getting it for around 4k and he looked at me like i was from another planet and said i paid 11.5k for it and i was like WTF, he looked like someone stole something from him,

it ended up the guy that baught the car from my buddy turned around and sold it to this guy im like two months and made all that money. I was wondering how the hell did this guy ever get a loan for that car being its a 91. he spend 1500 more than juan did 6 years ageo. He was telling me he use to have a supra TT and he went all out on it and went into major debt so he had to take a loss on that.

·
Registered
14,553 Posts
SpecalK said:
heres a funny story about a mr2 turbo my friend had that works with me,

about 6 years ageo he baught a MR2 turbo for $10k and its completely stock, he drove the heck out of it and then last year he decided to sell it, he put it in the auto trader for 5k and the guy talked him down to like 4k. well a few weeks ageo after the orlando prelude mini meet we decided to all drive over to a import meet and when we got there there was the MR2, same one, how do i know because i painted the car for my buddy, so i walked over to the guy and said hey thats a awsome car i knew the guy that use to own it and he said ya its in really good shape, then i said you got a hell of a deal on it getting it for around 4k and he looked at me like i was from another planet and said i paid 11.5k for it and i was like WTF, he looked like someone stole something from him,

it ended up the guy that baught the car from my buddy turned around and sold it to this guy im like two months and made all that money. I was wondering how the hell did this guy ever get a loan for that car being its a 91. he spend 1500 more than juan did 6 years ageo. He was telling me he use to have a supra TT and he went all out on it and went into major debt so he had to take a loss on that.
rofl... its amazing what some people will do.

that wouldnt happen to be the mr2 from racing zone would it? the blue one perhaps?

·
Registered
629 Posts
Dude, I wasn't trying to low ball you. Straight from NADA. That's all a bank will loan someone for that car (if they're lucky b/c car is over 5 years old and most times the banks stop at 4-5years)

You can ask what you want for it. But with the info you have given it's only worth the ~4k book value. Around here 4th gens are pretty common.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts