Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Excellent grip. Very soft tire. Of course, because they're so soft, they don't last very long. Not good for someone with a long commute. My commute from MD to VA is about 45 miles one-way and the front tires have, in two months, shown a good bit of wear. I also make frequent trips to NY. I must admit that I can't totally blame the tires for their wear, because I just replaced my bad radius rod bushings. I have the 205/40/16s. Good in rain too. Quiet tire, as well. I will probably buy another set when these have worn down. I love the grip. Before these, I had the Nitto NeoGens which were nice. But, the Paradas are the best tires I've had on my car.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I've also got the YPS2 tires on some 16" rims. Personally I love them. I've been running them for two years and now finally have worn them down to the nub. This is after driving an average of 80 miles each workday and 7-8 trips to the track.

The grip in dry weather is fantastic for cornering. In wet weather they tend to be a bit slippery and in a low weight civic I'd have a problem with traction in a torquey car.

My only real complaint about them is the noise level around 25-35mph. They get quite loud.

End result=I'd buy another set and be quite happy with the results.

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Mine lasted apx. 9000 miles before being relatively worn. I think I switched them out around 12,000. Went w/ a Kumho 712 after that and that lasted a little bit longer and was: cheaper, quieter, and felt more stable in the wet.

Now I'm rolling on Kumho 711's and while it's a nice tire, I admit to missing the Yoko's. :cry

·
Registered
2,343 Posts
I jus put a set on the front of my car. Rears in couple weeks. I was running Fz4's (worst tires ever). I love the spec 2's they handle awesome look awesome and are quiet.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.