Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13,289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More problems...maybe there should be a thread dedicated to all the problems with my car?! Anyways, I'm not sure if it's the axle, bearings, or ball joints (I dont know the difference between the last 2) but when I turn I sometimes get a click noise (which would be the axle but a mechanic looked at the CV boots and said they seem to be in good condition) and when I'm driving straight I sometimes get a metal tick/click noise...it sounds like there is a rock in the tire...but there isnt any rocks in my tires...any ideas? Could it be the wheel bearings? If so should I get all 4 replaced or is there only 2? Also, my brakes squeak unless I press the pedal down harder...that wouldn't have anything to do with it though I dont think, just giving all the info I can think of that might help. I hate all these problems...I never have money for mods anymore :cry

·
Registered
145 Posts
i know this isn't even remotely helpful, but if you get your own thread, i'm gettin one too! i go through a new problem every week, the only problem is, now i don't even have the money to fix the problems, much less mod it. :( but anyways, that does kinda sound like it could be your bearing, if so, just go ahead and replace it... to do it on mine(93 civic lx), you just have to take the wheel off, remove the dust cap from the axle (it's the black cap in the middle of your lug studs...)i used a chisel and a hammer to get mine off, but a flat-head screwdriver should do it, you should then see a large nut, in one spot on the nut it will be bent down onto the axle(you'll know what i'm talking about when you see it), just pry that up, take off the nut, and there's a bearing in the middle of that hub(the hub is the thing with the lug studs in it, just in case you weren't sure...) when you're done replacing the bearing, put the hub back in place, reinstall the nut, making sure to push the tab back down on the nut, reinstall the tire, then grab a bear, or coke if that's a little more your style! :D

hope that helps if not, hope you had fun reading all of that! :hehe

Reactions: Thorgs

·
Registered
18 Posts
haha dont feel bad i have that same problem but i drive it like that and now i have a sqeak at low speed like 10mph or slower lol that started last night after i got done racing a f150.... oh well i have to look at my car now lol

·
Registered
20,271 Posts
Thorgs said:
More problems...maybe there should be a thread dedicated to all the problems with my car?! Anyways, I'm not sure if it's the axle, bearings, or ball joints (I dont know the difference between the last 2) but when I turn I sometimes get a click noise (which would be the axle but a mechanic looked at the CV boots and said they seem to be in good condition) and when I'm driving straight I sometimes get a metal tick/click noise...it sounds like there is a rock in the tire...but there isnt any rocks in my tires...any ideas? Could it be the wheel bearings? If so should I get all 4 replaced or is there only 2? Also, my brakes squeak unless I press the pedal down harder...that wouldn't have anything to do with it though I dont think, just giving all the info I can think of that might help. I hate all these problems...I never have money for mods anymore :cry
well if you do your own work..jack up ur ride.

hold you tire and see if you can wiggle it and if theres play in it then thats a sign of a bad wheel bearing. it should be solid.

as for the balljoints...you can usually tell by looking or moving them as well.

i dont know if its much help f you have no clue what they are. :hehe

·
Registered
135 Posts
Another thing that you may wanna check it the bushing in the control arm. My old civic coupe made a noise when i turned the wheel, sounds like yours, and it had a bad bushing. i just bought a new control arm from a salvage yard for like 30 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.