Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:D yo an idea came to me while i was watching one of those new crv's i remembered that they don't come with the b20's anymore but they do come with k24 right now RSX's have k20a's right why not swap as many needed parts to have that displacment with that free flowing vtec head off the rsx right! and have a killer torque monster:D car think and let me know if you think it won't work if so there may be hope. this could solve all problems peace out.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
Old idea, old concept, too long a list of problems associated with it. The K series is not like the B series in that respect.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
GoodKnight said:
Old idea, old concept, too long a list of problems associated with it. The K series is not like the B series in that respect.

^Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!

K24/K20 i-Vtec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRVK24 block/K20 Type R head.

I don't know about all the details but I know someone doing it at the moment. Cost about 6k for the block and head. I love the Hybrid factor on this one for 2002 and up. Sweet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
You_Get_Vapors said:
^Bullshit!!!!!!!!!!!!

K24/K20 i-Vtec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CRVK24 block/K20 Type R head.

I don't know about all the details but I know someone doing it at the moment. Cost about 6k for the block and head. I love the Hybrid factor on this one for 2002 and up. Sweet.
Prove me wrong. And yes, you're right, you don't know about all the details.

"But I know someone, whose cousin knows someone, whose friend did this to some guy's car..."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Yeah whatever I had the bored out CRV TB in my hand today sucka!

So why don't you enlighten me then - so I can keep you updated on the Hybrid/Swap...............foo-li-o!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
933 Posts
You_Get_Vapors said:
Yeah whatever I had the bored out CRV TB in my hand today sucka!

So why don't you enlighten me then - so I can keep you updated on the Hybrid/Swap...............foo-li-o!
Ohhh... weRd yOoo?? U haz a ThRottLe bOddEE? Oh... I guess it can be done than? :rolleyes:

The crv motor has a 99 mm stroke. You're piston speeds would be lucky to reach 7000 rpm safely. That's simply too long a stroke to rev to 8000 rpm (what the S revs to). Plus the deck height is higher on the crv motor compared to the rsx-s.

Now enlighten me, how are YOU doing all this? And no ebonics slang, give me tech. talk.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Like I said I know some one doing this swap at the moment. He is just starting on it. He has the K24 block and a K20 Type R head. I just found out about this yesterday. This is going into an RSX. When I asked him about mating the head to the block (bore differences) he said he didn't know what needed to be done. Is the bore the same? I would assume he would be replacing the pistons and rods. Just like any other CRVtec swap. Maybe he is full of shit but when I heard about it I thought it was a great challenge. He works for a shop so he has access to stuff to do it. Like I said I will keep you updated on the progress of the swap when I get more info.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
508 Posts
Well I just talked to King motorsports and they say it is no problem to do this swap. The only question is how does it perform and engine management. Hondata should take care of that. Just need to build it and dyno it to work out the bugs. Wiring is not a problem. No fitment issues. Lates
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6 Posts
Deck Height might be a problem......, since the k24 block is taller
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
GoodKnight said:
Ohhh... weRd yOoo?? U haz a ThRottLe bOddEE? Oh... I guess it can be done than? :rolleyes:

The crv motor has a 99 mm stroke. You're piston speeds would be lucky to reach 7000 rpm safely. That's simply too long a stroke to rev to 8000 rpm (what the S revs to). Plus the deck height is higher on the crv motor compared to the rsx-s.

Now enlighten me, how are YOU doing all this? And no ebonics slang, give me tech. talk.
let see pistons couldnt reach7000 rpm safely and taller deck. which means longer rod. know what rod to stroke ratio is. you are proving his point
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
275 Posts
You_Get_Vapors said:
Well I just talked to King motorsports and they say it is no problem to do this swap. The only question is how does it perform and engine management. Hondata should take care of that. Just need to build it and dyno it to work out the bugs. Wiring is not a problem. No fitment issues. Lates
hondata cant control i-vtec you would need something like afc or even better greedy emanage. hope this helps
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top