Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is my arsenal. Just about everything. Ranging from pads to buffers to vaccums and detailing brushes. Also I have my detailing cart and the cooler is also what I store a lot of my paint products.

I might list everything afterwards. But thats going to take a lot of typing.

I had to use the large format so you can see it all.

Paint Products:
Meguiars DCS Paint Cleaner
Meguiars DCS Polish
Meguiars Mirror Glaze - Show Car Glaze #7
Meguiars Gold Class Wax
Meguiars NXT Tech Wax
Meguairs Scratch-X
Meguairs Color-X
Meguiars Cleaner / Wax
Meguairs NXT Car Wash
Meguiars Deep Crystal Car Wash
Meguiars Gold Class Car Shampoo & Conditioner
Einzette 1z Metallic Polish
Mothers Carnuba Cleaner / Wax
Mothers California Gold Clay Bar Kit
Mothers ShowTime Detail Spray
Zymol Detail Spray
Zymol Wax
S100 Paint Cleanser
S100 Carnuba Wax

Buffer , Pads , Applicators, etc:
Porter Cable 7336SP
Generic 10inch random orbit Buffer (POS)
Sonus Das Pad kit with backing plate
Concours Buffing Towel
Sonus Microfiber Applicator Pads
Mothers Gold Class Foam Applicators Pads
Baja Terry Cloth Applicator Pads
2 Turtle Wax MicroFiber Towel's
Couple of MicroFiber Towel's (generic)
Wool Wash Mitt
Baja Detail Brush
Engine Cleaner (air compressor powered)
1 Large Spray Bottle
1 Small Spray Bottle
1 Simple Green Spray Bottle
Foam Tire Applicator
Wash Bucket
Large Tire/Rim Brush
Smaller Rim Detail Brush
Armor All Ultimate Clean
Dirt Devil Platinum Force Steam Cleaner
Baja Finishing Cloth
Baja Buffing Cloth
Painter Tape
Terry Cloth Wash Sponge
Chamois Wash Sponge
AquaDry Drying Towel
Turtle Wax Chamois
California Water Blade

Cleaners
Meguiars Hot Rims
Meguiars Gold Class Vinyl / Rubber Protectant
Mothers Aluminum Mag Polish
Mothers Billet Polish
Simple Green JUG
Windex Auto Glass & Interior
Stoner Invisible Glass
Turtle Wax Bug & Tar Remover
Black Magic Tire Wet
Lexol Leather Cleaner
Zymol Leather Cleaner

That should about do it, lets see yours.

·
Registered
864 Posts
You have no life Mike, haha.
I'll get out there someday and "arrange" all my crap. Don't have much now cuz I found a few products that I like and stuck with them, threw most everything else out when I finished them up.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Mike, no offense, but it would take me sooooo long to get my detailing shit out, that it wouldn't be worth the photo. I'm surprised you took the time to do it yourself! lol. i noticed you had the portercable buffer, but I didn't see a single clay bar in there (shame on you) or a newspaper. Newspaper cleans glass better than any paper towel out there. And the gold class in a bottle is good, but the paste - OH SO much beter (IMO of course). But who am I to tell a guy with a ten year old flawless paintjob how to care for his finish? Nice setup!

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Uploaded a new photo. The other was hiding some stuff and kinda hard to see. Got a better closer angle now. The clay bar is there.

Also yeah when I bought the stuff it was liquid kind only , same goes for nxt.

Hhahah as for taking a lot of time, it wasnt too bad. The GF said to me, you have too much time on your hands. Well allthough not really true. I do find time to do some odd stuff thats for sure.

Oh well, I guess I did it for the sho members in here. :tu

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
snackpacks said:
You have no life Mike, haha.
I'll get out there someday and "arrange" all my crap. Don't have much now cuz I found a few products that I like and stuck with them, threw most everything else out when I finished them up.
Yeah 3 of mine need to go. Ill never use them again and they are so old anyways. Well actually 4, but the 4th is staying.

The 3 would be , turtle wax (can barely see it), NuFinish and Finish 2001. Those are worthless.

As for the 4th its the old ragged up cleaner wax from meguiars in paste form. But hay maybe one day Ill test it out just for the hell of saying. Yeah no good.

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Jesus Christ, just when I thought I was obsessed. I gotta admit though, there's something about the smell of a washed, buffed, cleaned, sprayed, waxed car though. I love the feel of a nicely buffed car. When you rub the back of your hand against it - it feels like skin almost! I swear!!!

·
Registered
1,946 Posts
mike_sho said:
Yeah 3 of mine need to go. Ill never use them again and they are so old anyways. Well actually 4, but the 4th is staying.

The 3 would be , turtle wax (can barely see it), NuFinish and Finish 2001. Those are worthless.

As for the 4th its the old ragged up cleaner wax from meguiars in paste form. But hay maybe one day Ill test it out just for the hell of saying. Yeah no good.

Damn Mike I bet your car looks awesome.

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
40_Below said:
Damn Mike I bet your car looks awesome.
Sheew, Just updated the top post with the product list. Just in case someone was wondering.

Also here is my car.

Its a bit shinier now with the new product Ive been using.

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
mike_sho said:
Sheew, Just updated the top post with the product list. Just in case someone was wondering.

Also here is my car.

Its a bit shinier now with the new product Ive been using.
How did you go about making it as glossy as it can be? In the summer I wash and wax my car alot, but it never really got any shinier after a certain point. Maybe it's because I have a light colored paint though...it doesn't seem to ever look as deep as a black paint job will.

·
Registered
6,118 Posts
*losing count of all those items* All I have are the basic line of detailing.

1.Meguiars car wash
2.Meguiars liquid wax
3.orbital buffer
4.mequiars clay bar
5.detailing brushes
6.mequiars detailing spray
7.terry cloth towels

how the hell does newspaper clean windows?

·
Registered
403 Posts
Here is most of my stuff. This picture was taken about a month ago. I have gotten more products since then. All of these pictures were taken a month ago. Tomorrow i am going to redo the car. Plan for tomorrow.
1. nxt wash, 2. clay, 3. Poorboys ssr 2.5 polishing pad with pc, 4. Meguiars #9 polishing pad pc, 5. Megs. #7 via finishing pad pc, 6. Poorboys Nattys paste wax!!
Mike, we should meet up sometime and maybe i can teach you something or you can teach me something. Detailing is what i do. let me know.

show you the metallic and some reflection

·
Registered
2,221 Posts
Previous Member....Wow man you must LOOOOOVE your aerosol cans...damn I didn't realize you would even need that much crap in spray cans like that. I bet that hole in the ozone layer is because you decided to detail your car... :)

and newspaper cleans windows GREAT if you use it with the non ammonia window cleaner in a spray can. I guess because the paper doesn't leave lint or anything. I was sceptical at first too but once I tried it I was a dihard fan. It seriously works wonders. try it!

·
Registered
864 Posts
WillyG said:
How did you go about making it as glossy as it can be? In the summer I wash and wax my car alot, but it never really got any shinier after a certain point. Maybe it's because I have a light colored paint though...it doesn't seem to ever look as deep as a black paint job will.
I have a very light colored paint... You talking about a gloss & shine like this? ;)

·
Premium Member
13,998 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
previous member said:
Here is most of my stuff. This picture was taken about a month ago. I have gotten more products since then. All of these pictures were taken a month ago. Tomorrow i am going to redo the car. Plan for tomorrow.
1. nxt wash, 2. clay, 3. Poorboys ssr 2.5 polishing pad with pc, 4. Meguiars #9 polishing pad pc, 5. Megs. #7 via finishing pad pc, 6. Poorboys Nattys paste wax!!
Mike, we should meet up sometime and maybe i can teach you something or you can teach me something. Detailing is what i do. let me know.

show you the metallic and some reflection
Yeah I was looking for this one before. I couldnt find it so I made a new thread. You inspired me to put together my setup and take pics. :tu

When I see it all out it even kinda makes me say, damn. Almost felt like christmas or something too......heh.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Ok, I don't even have nearly the amount of products that you guys have. I have 2 bottles of wax, my NXT soap, 2 mitts, tire foam, quick detailer, towels and 2 mitts. I also have my little shop vac (no pics, sorry)...your cars look AWESOME though. :) :tu Kinda inspires me to do some more work on my car this weekend weather permitting! :) Last weekend I waxed, this weekend....maybe I'll just clean her up nice and use some quick detailer. Dammit! And I thought I was crazy about my car...Someone on here NEVER ceases to make me feel lazy!

1 - 20 of 69 Posts