Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there just wondering guys what you think i should do?...first off im not very knowledgable when it comes to N2O but im able to get a Direct Port NX system for a pretty decent price $700cdn. and its brand new!...now my setup consists of a 194whp 133 ft. lbs. tq. built LS/VTEC...now ive always been into the all motor setups but it would be fun to try some N2O for fun, i would want to use it only for the track in the 1/4...let me know what you guys think or maybe if this is the right system to get. Ive heard that DP is the way to go unless someone can tell me whats better for my setup.

here are my mods:

Z10 motorsport engineering crank girdle
Eagle rods
SRP 10.5:1 compression
b16a head ported, polished
milled .10
3 angle valve job
skunk2 stage II cams
skunk2 springs/retainers
TYPE-R intake manifold
HONDATA intake gasket
AEM fuel rail
AEM fuel pressure regulator
AEM cam gears
AEM cold air intake
Holley fuel pump
bored out 64mm throttle body
Airmass 4-2-1 header
Thermal research and deveolpemnet exhaust 2 1/4"
ARP head studs
clutch custom made dual feramic/organic clutch for street/strip use
Fidanza 9lb flywheel
310cc ('96 prelude SR-V injectors)
Hondata stage 2 engine management system

thanks
Tarcy

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
No One!

Gee im surprised no one has any feedback, ive only been on this sight a few times, didn't think it was like this.

Oh well.

·
Registered
4,657 Posts
i think that thing will haull ass. do direct port for sure. but the thingf i would watch for is those cams with the nitrous. they get a little iffy if they are too hig duration it will waste alot of nitrous and not burn right becuase it will sit for too long before the valve comes back down between duratiosn. . .other than that i say great set up and let us knowhow it goes.

ps. . . . sorry for not being too technical , im in a rush

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
your C/R may be on the high side, 10.5:1 pistons+milled head on an LSVTEC setup, but should be ok. i'd go DP as 206 stated. it may require more work and time fitting lines and such but it's worth it in the end. a 75/80 shot would go great with your setup, but be very careful when using it. make sure to have the proper ignition retard and plugs as well. you already have the Hondata stage 2 and the upgraded fuel pump. i'm not sure of the details of the Hondata computers but i believe the stage 2 comes with or has an option of a retard circuit for using N2O with an N2O system. i'm sure you would know this before me since you have the system and i don't, yet that is.

use it wisely and you'll have one nice setup.]

have fun!
later

1 - 4 of 4 Posts