Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This weekend I was helping out a friend of my cousins fix his Prelude and he started going on about all the modifications he's planning and all the best name brands he's planning to buy etc etc etc. Anyway, most of the stuff he was saying came straight from a magazine :confused
So, I'm wondering, where do you guys get your information? Personally, because I grew up and work in the industry I get my info from the engineers, and have a 15 year automotive background. I'm tired of all the bullshit I hear about mods and how CAI will add 20 Hp blah blah blah. :noo

Please discuss...

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
SPEED8 said:
This weekend I was helping out a friend of my cousins fix his Prelude and he started going on about all the modifications he's planning and all the best name brands he's planning to buy etc etc etc. Anyway, most of the stuff he was saying came straight from a magazine :confused
So, I'm wondering, where do you guys get your information? Personally, because I grew up and work in the industry I get my info from the engineers, and have a 15 year automotive background. I'm tired of all the bullshit I hear about mods and how CAI will add 20 Hp blah blah blah. :noo

Please discuss...
Information is taken out of Forums, friends mod or someone with you own car mods at a dyno... but personally it comes from reading and studying magazines and forums.

·
Registered
2,092 Posts
i research, damn near everything you need to know is on the internet if you look hard enough...magazine ads are for poseurs

·
Registered
699 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Yeah, I think the best way to get info is to talk to different people who have used different products and different brands, and the best way to do that quickly with a lot of people is forums. I've learned so much, some basic stuff from AF forums, which i hardly visit anymore, and then A LOT of really good stuff from good old SHO :number1

·
Registered
866 Posts
94PreludeJDM said:
Yeah, I think the best way to get info is to talk to different people who have used different products and different brands, and the best way to do that quickly with a lot of people is forums. I've learned so much, some basic stuff from AF forums, which i hardly visit anymore, and then A LOT of really good stuff from good old SHO :number1
Yea I learned almost all I know from the forums. I started with Automotive forums.com but have since moved on to bigger and better ones, like SHO. :w00t

·
Registered
571 Posts
Actually, I am glad somebody made a thread like this cause you do hear all kinds of crap talking about different mods. What works and does not work? I.e. I bought a set of NGK spark plug wires to replace my wore out used honda wires that have problems with the rubber seals on them. I then read htech.com and they said oem is better than ngk, and other aftermarket brands. TOV did a write up on it from 1999 to demostrate that the stockers are better than other aftermarket spark plug wires. Then I found this--

http://www.tprmag.com/issue/4/4_wires.shtml

A unbiased dyno proven article testing not only stock honda wires but also NGK. The NGKs made more power and offer lower resistance for a more complete spark plug spark than the OEM honda wires. So, I feel a lot better about the wires now than I did....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts