Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shiba-Kun said:
Looks nice. SS & mandrel bent w/ an upgrade in piping ID.

The cannister is the N1 style and that looks good too.
I would really want to get the Apexi N-1 but its more expensive and its not stainless steel. I would be worried that this one would not bolt up right for some reason. Do you think I will have any problems with it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,403 Posts
u get wta u pay for, u wnt it to just look nice than i guess, and it will make a difference over stock, but it aint an n1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would get the Apexi N-1 but its not stainless steel. Where I live we have alot of snow in the winter and alot of rain in the spring/summer. I would not want to spend $500 on an exhaust and take the chance of it rusting.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,403 Posts
i dont know wat is dat coverin the exhaust but i dont think its gonna rust...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,962 Posts
tienlude said:
u get wta u pay for, u wnt it to just look nice than i guess, and it will make a difference over stock, but it aint an n1
:bh

SUS304 > apexi's piping

SUS304 is the only way to go when you have shitty winters. I got an stainless steel exhaust made with SUS409 stainless and it's really really rusty within a years time, i live in ohio and we only have mild winters. Get an exhaust thats fully made from SUS304.
Ex. The one you posted, greddy evo, greddy sp2, thermal research and development exhausts, invidia exhausts, kteller SS exhausts.

The ceramic coating doesnt make any differnce other than the looks of the exhaust. It makes it more sleeper looking.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
VtecAddict said:
:bh

SUS304 > apexi's piping

SUS304 is the only way to go when you have shitty winters. I got an stainless steel exhaust made with SUS409 stainless and it's really really rusty within a years time, i live in ohio and we only have mild winters. Get an exhaust thats fully made from SUS304.
Ex. The one you posted, greddy evo, greddy sp2, thermal research and development exhausts, invidia exhausts, kteller SS exhausts.

The ceramic coating doesnt make any differnce other than the looks of the exhaust. It makes it more sleeper looking.
Someone told me that the one I posted is going to have fitment issues. What would the fitment issues be?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
VtecAddict said:
There is no way in hell i can tell what kind of fitment issues there are going to be from online pictures. I dont even know what car your putting it on. :confused
This is what he said about it: The fitment issue was that the hangars on the exhaust didn't exactly line up to the hangars on the car. I was able to get everything put it there because the rubber hangers allow a little bit of stretch.
The other problem I had was that my exhaust didn't come with the big ass gaskets that need to go on all of the points that have the spring bolt. The spring bolt areas are meant to flex and won't shut without the big ass gasket.
The other things is that the exhaust doesn't tuck all the way up in the old area where the exhaust is supposed to go, so it hangs down a little in the middle of the car.
It's a good exhaust, though, in terms of of sound and looks. I don't particularly like the gigantic tip, but I've gotten over it.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
33,658 Posts
The gasket shouldn't be a problem. Any muffler shop should have a bunch on hand. Why not ask Robear about your questions and see how they respond. For example:

I'm interested in your product, but I've heard of a few issues that are a concern to me... (Blah blah blah... :blahblah )

Maybe you got it already...? :confused
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Shiba-Kun said:
The gasket shouldn't be a problem. Any muffler shop should have a bunch on hand. Why not ask Robear about your questions and see how they respond. For example:

I'm interested in your product, but I've heard of a few issues that are a concern to me... (Blah blah blah... :blahblah )

Maybe you got it already...? :confused
I have not got it yet. I emailed Robear and this is what they said about it:

I asked him If it goes over or under the LCA and if there were fitment issues and this is what he said:The ss exhaust does go over the lca’s and I have had no install problems at all. It is Stainless Steal.

Then I asked if it is angled like the Apexi N-1, This was his response: It is very similar to the apex N-1 system

Then I asked him about the gaskets, this was his response: And yes it does have all the gaskets

I am seriously thinking about getting this exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
536 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Shiba-Kun said:
WTH? :confused Think positive thoughts mang! :aww
I'll try but every about is car is bad luck. I have a broken door handle, a broken hood release, I got new suspension which was proffesionally installed. They didnt tighten the nuts enough and one of the came off while I was driving. They fixed it but now there is a knocking sound coming from the dirvers side front or rear. And my lip just broke. Thats why it is hard for me to think positive.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top