Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
10,346 Posts
Im not sure how they would complement each other, but they will work together. Do some research, I dont know exactly what sensors or issues may come up. try honda-tech.com I believe they have a thread devoted to D16 parts swaps for optimum power and such. Sorry I cant help any more

· Registered
17 Posts
Actually it should just blot right up...is the intake manifold off a ex because it if is instead of it being a 2 inch manifold it becomes a 3 inch... you wont see much of a power difference but you will be able to hear your car a lot more... that manifold should bolt right up and have all the right air and vacuum ports

· Registered
10,346 Posts
^^ good point. This means you cant just use a Z6 manny, you also need a Z6 TB

· Registered
1,221 Posts
what is the point of this swap?
SUPPOSEDLY weilds more usable midrange power. basically the theory is to move the torque curve around to make a tiny bit more power but alot sooner. and personally after having done this swap. i felt like it was a waste of time. but he is doing it on a y7 they are only torquey (and i use that term lightly) because they have short runners with virtually no plenum. the idea of the swap is to pick up all the mid range that say a y8 without vtec would have. the swap (to me) was pointless. the only thing i liked about the swap i did was the fact that i used a hondata intake manifold gasket.

· Registered
10,346 Posts
you dont need to do the swap only for the wires, the 3 wire has a one wire which can be cut off, then you match the proper wires. Do a search for honda ecu pinout, I forget which colors match up

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
SUPPOSEDLY weilds more usable midrange power. basically the theory is to move the torque curve around to make a tiny bit more power but alot sooner. and personally after having done this swap. i felt like it was a waste of time. but he is doing it on a y7 they are only torquey (and i use that term lightly) because they have short runners with virtually no plenum. the idea of the swap is to pick up all the mid range that say a y8 without vtec would have. the swap (to me) was pointless. the only thing i liked about the swap i did was the fact that i used a hondata intake manifold gasket.
so basically it's a swap that's a pain in the ass that won't make you any faster?

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I would imagine the Z6 manifold would be better for boost or NA builds, but simply JUST the manifold, it will do more harm then good IMO less mpg, but more topend :dunno:

· Registered
10,346 Posts
I said more, not great :lol

· Registered
1,221 Posts
so basically it's a swap that's a pain in the ass that won't make you any faster?
youd be surprised. i had a z6 with a y8 and it saw great low end power i mean d series motors are not impressive na but when you start giving h23 integras a run then they start to surprise you you know. howeever the y7/8 with the z6 manifold from what i hear is a complete waste of time. but then again ive only done a similar swap sooo it may work out ok for him

OP let us know how it works out.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
you have a crx making similar power to an h23 teg. and the teg weighs atleast 400-500lbs more than the crx. of course you'd give it a run for it's money. shorter gearing is what really helps lower power n/a cars if you want better acceleration. prime example is swapping a b18b tranny with an si tranny on a b18b. you'll spank b16's making 20 more whp

· Registered
1,221 Posts
you have a crx making similar power to an h23 teg. and the teg weighs atleast 400-500lbs more than the crx. of course you'd give it a run for it's money. shorter gearing is what really helps lower power n/a cars if you want better acceleration. prime example is swapping a b18b tranny with an si tranny on a b18b. you'll spank b16's making 20 more whp
nooo i had similar intake manifold swap on a d series hatch that i just traded off and it was holding next h23 tegs..
i was talking about my hatch and the teg not the rexthe money and time spent on the z6 motor i had went well. and they surprise bigtime when you can do that..

and the crx i have now is just a stock si and a b16 with suspension goodies lol thats it.

· Premium Member
29,824 Posts
nooo i had similar intake manifold swap on a d series hatch that i just traded off and it was holding next h23 tegs..
i was talking about my hatch and the teg not the rexthe money and time spent on the z6 motor i had went well. and they surprise bigtime when you can do that..

and the crx i have now is just a stock si and a b16 with suspension goodies lol thats it.
you're talking about two tq less cars racing each other. an eg hatch is still light as fuck compared to a teg. especially one with an h23 in it. that's atleast 75 lbs of extra curb weight added to the teg. a stock teg with an h23 would be over 2700lbs. about 2735 lbs to be exact. and d-series eg bubble would be around 2200 lbs.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.