Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a ZC ecu but when i plug it in I get a code 13, And when i use the SI ecu it runs without any errors. So can anyone tell me if i need to cross anywires or somthing?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
but wasent the fuel cut too early? and did it run extremely rich?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
so the fuel maps and timming maps are like that of the 88 teg ecu, or zc ecu?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 point 6 said:
im pretty sure, i know the 88-91 ECUs were pretty much the same even though of the styling change. Every ZC swap ive seen done a integra ECU was used, or the original ZC ecu.

well along with the styling change the displacement also changed so your saying that the 88-89teg fuelmaps are the same as the 1.8L 90-91? Is that why the 88teg ecu runs rich?

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok since my friend has an extra one i will ask him to let me borrow it and find out how it goes.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
preylude1 said:
sorry, but ecu swaping is just one of the most stupid things I've ever heard of.:rolleyes:

flame away

Well why do you feel that way?

·
Registered
226 Posts
Sorry it took so long..and I may not know what his problem is, but, whan you change the ecu you also change the the fuel cut-off which can allow your engine to rev higher than it was intended to. If you balance and blueprint your engine, and upgrade your valve-train, it wouldn't be too big of a deal. If not you'll no doubt dramatically shorten your engine life, if not bend some valves or worse. Anyways air-fuel mixture will still probably be off since it wasn't designed to work with that engine.

Get a stand alone and tune it right

1 - 10 of 10 Posts