Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what year tranny would be the best for a crx and what clutch/flywheel whould i have to use?also do i need to change axels or anything like that?

·
Registered
174 Posts
Well, first off your question was a little vague, you always need to specify what year your car is...especially when it comes to tranny questions.

To my firm understanding, the ZC tranny will work with the 89-91 clutch/flywheel.

As far as axles, I understand that you need the 90-93 RS/GS Integra (not GSR) axles because the ZC tranny calls for equal length half shafts.

What motor do you intend to put your ZC up to?
-Mark

·
Registered
2,120 Posts
so you need different axles when using a zc tranny? my fren is gonna do this swap within the next couple months and im gonna be helping him out.

·
Registered
174 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
No. The flywheel bolts onto the engine. The transmission "plugs " into the clutch via a spline. The Zc tranny would work on a Si motor if you match the clutches splines to the trannies, and the flywheel bolts to the engine.
-Mark

·
Registered
794 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
my bad

i have an 88,89,95 flywheel all from si's.i want lsd but i cant go through all this trouble, and im building a sohc vtec motor,jrsc8-10psi,built block, p&p head.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.