Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my 96 Civic HB? I can get a 30k mile JDM crate motor for $450 shipped, I was originally planning on the ever-so popular H22a, but I'm poor trailer trash and can't afford that shit. :(

Also the ZC motor is a D series, right? Meaning my tranny would bolt on to it? Thx.

· Registered
14 Posts
the zc engine is good but not as good as you think, fisrt only a D series Si trany will bolt right on, second if u want the a DOHC than i suggest the 1.8 non-vtec integra motor 94 and up. its cheap but it can really make some real power with just bolt ons

· Registered
131 Posts
The ZC is a good motor. But if I were you, I would get it and get a good rebuild to it. They are getting old and worn. But mine is great. I love it. Just in there for about a month.

· Registered
37 Posts
did u think of how u were gonna convert it to obd-2........the zc motor is obd-0..........what ecu would u use.......ive seen obd2 harness to obd1 but never a obd2 to obd0.........then theres mounting and such..........

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.