Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
quick question. I have a 91 civic DX hatch. I put a JDM ZC motor and trans in it this weekend. I have the wiring figured out but i need to know what axels to use. the right side seems like the correct length but the inner end that fits into the trans is too small. I have read somewhere that I need 90-93 integra axels. i think they will fit the trans but will they fit the outer hubs of the dx? will they be the correct length if I use the intermediate shaft that comes with the trans? do I need to put the inner joints from integra shafts onto the dx axels? please help.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Taken from this site:

"If you are using your stock transmission or any other US L3 transmission your stock axles will work. For Japanese ZC transmissions use ZC intermediate shaft and two right hand axles from your model car with 90-93 Integra inner joints. 90-93 Integra axles can be modified to work also. If your car is either a CRX HF, or Civic Standard model you will also need to replace the knuckles and hubs from any other Civic or CRX model to use the modified 90-93 Integra axles."

--

I don't mean to lecture you but... always research before you start a project this big. I mean no offense.

Good luck! Let us know how it turns out.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info. i did a brief search for 2 or 3 terms that i thought would result in the info i needed. i even read through a couple of faqs on various sights and didnt find anything where the poster sounded remotely sure of themselves.

i dont have time to sit and dig for hours through all this crap to find one tidbit of usefull information. even if i did, why do i need to do research before beginning? its for a dedicated race car that runs in a junk car class on a dirt track. i dont need it for work and i dont have a deadline. after a couple of hours went by and no one responded, i went to autozone and bought boths axels from a 90-93 integra and they worked. i was driving the car around before you ever responded. i ordered a motor that i knew would fit in my car, i put a trans on it that i knew would fit. i figured out the wiring, then i just needed to know what halfshafts would fit. no prior planning was involved and it turned out fine.
i posted a question that i am sure was asked thousands of times and if you didnt want to respond then you shouldnt have. but please, please dont say you dont want to lecture me and then go and do it. that just makes you sound like a retard.

just to let you know what really happened; i used you and your time to find an answer to a question that i had while i was busy doing something else. turns out i didnt even need your response.
so thanks much and happy surfing

·
Registered
908 Posts
So you shouldn't have even asked in the first place?

Brilliant.

Hey, if you ever remodel your house. Don't bother reading all the useful material out there on how to do the job properly. Waste your time figuring it out for yourself and potentially f*cking it all up. That's the best way :btu

You got lucky that the teg axles worked without modification, it didn't just happen because you knew what you were doing.

If you didn't want an answer to your post then you should have said something. Starting a job without knowing how to finish it "makes you sound retarded" too so drop the "I'm better than you" attitude and STFU.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.