Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i got the zex kit in and finished...
i have a problem wit my tps and wot switch..
basically it dont work right!
ive tried programming it and adjusting the tps several times...wat it does is...it will click on when i give it wot,then click off when i let off...but then when i give it wot again it doesnt come back on!! however if i move the throttle reallly slowly back to wot...it will click back on and then go off when i back off...its just not working when i depress the throttle as i normally would(quickly)..wats going on???

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
Sounds like a bad TPS at first I know this happened when I first hooked up my ZEX. I don't have it now though I sold it for money so I can get a turbo. But anyways you should disconnect power to the ZEX kit totally and check the TPS for normal operation as per the test in the manual and then try again to recalibrate it. My connection wasn't as good as I thought on the tPS wire. Also the other thing I found is to give the 10 secs like 15 and take your sweet time inbetween the turning on and off of the switches and pushing of buttons. I don't know why this works but it has on the three kits I have installed on three different cars one being a Pontiac Grand Prix......man it needed spray bad that shit is still slower than my car though......hehe!

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok still having problems wit it!!

i talked to the zex guy and he said try a new tps sensor..i did but it still does the same thing!!
here is my voltage readings:
wit the zex switched on: 4.62v closed throttle .58v wot
wit the zex switched off: 4.58v closed throttle .58v wot

now does this seem backwards!! i thought it was supposed to be 4.5 wot and .5v closed!! is it possible my tps has been in backwards! if you are looking into the engine bay the tps points down and to the passenger side..this right??

also if i dont have n2o in the line and give it wot several times at any quickness..the box works fine...however if i put n2o in the line and give it wot several times the solinoid only opens and closes once..same thing its been doing..

so...is the n2o messing wit my tps voltage or is my nmu screwed??

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
According to the readings you gave your TPS is working perfect.
Do you have the middle TPS wire spliced? That's the one that has the signal you need for the ZEX.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
fixed!!!
i switched the 2 outside wires cuz i was getting the opposite voltage...any how works great now.no wonder why my car stuttered if u slammed the throttle!

anyhow im waiting for my inline fuel pump to arrive so i can run it hard..:D

·
Registered
1,052 Posts
You don't need a fuel pump to run it hard. It's nice to have one for later mods though.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts