Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sobriety has totally fuct Buggzy up

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Balance.... how important is it to you when you are designing your car? Do you get upset at car shows when you see a nicely modded car with the original SOHC motor under the hood? Are you the type that looks at an all stock body but snicker at the $10k motor?

My personal theory is that all cars should have balance, and not just in the 50/50 front to rear sense. Power - you need it and you should want lots of it. Style - it's your car and you should make it as such, the more original the better.

So where do you fit?

·
Banned
66 Posts
I'm not a fan of show cars, in fact, I don't really like car shows, especially import shows. I quite frankly don't care to look at other people's cars. I just want to know if I can beat 'em. Half the cars are overdone and ugly as sin. Some body kits are just so horrible.

I personally prefer power over looks, but at the same time, I don't want to drive some primered rust bucket.

I also refuse to spend huge amounts of money on a paint job. Some paint jobs are like $3,000. That money is better spent elsewhere.

I does kinda kill me though, when you see a really nice import all done out, and you look closer and see a automatic SOHC non-VTEC in it that hasn't been touched. I think a well done car should be able to back up it's "show", which many of them cannot.

Why spend $1000+ on a body kit, when you can use that same money to get your engine swap or turbo kit rolling?

·
Registered
97 Posts
I like a balance on a show car/daily driver which means that looks are as important as performance. Both count in my book.. ofcourse the performance is what counts most since HP is what gives me a rush.. but at the same time.. when your cruising and everyone turns their head to see your ride.. that is also a rush. I did my car slightly different than most poeple.. I started with looks becuaes I had special plans for the engine. I wanted to blue print my whole engine and have the pros do it, JUN and XS engineering. SO I did my looks first becuaes I had to wait a year to be considered to be on the list for them to work on the car. well a year has past and both companies have contacted me and they haev considered the car and accepted it. plus it helped that it looks good. now I have to wait up to 6 months for them to actually start work on my car.. which gives me enough time to buy the engine and some goodies. So that is the reasoning behind my car. but I do not just want a car that looks good with a stock engine that has I/H/E and thats it.. nope.. I want the works.. I want everything on the car.. hehehe.. I want people at shows to be like man that thing can haul ass and it looks awesome. so until I am satisfied with the results my project will never be done. and I dont think I will be satisified any time soon.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
IMO when building a car you can have balance. But you cannot have truely 50/50.

Say you want to build a show car, but race it... are you an idiot? Yes. I hate people who waste money on looks then race their car and bitch about the first rock chip or the first scratch. If ya want it to look good dont fucking bother to talk shit and race.

I think that to truely have balance you must first know what you want in a car. Set realistic goals of HP for your budget. Make it happen, then worry about the asthetics later. You think im improving my body before I get the speed I want? NO. People hate losing to ugly cars and I love when they lose to them, shoulda put more money in the motor than into that hood ya know..

oh well enough from me!

·
Registered
525 Posts
I´m more into power and racing scene but also like my sol to look good and fast, never been fond of the sleeper look, if its fast then make it look fast and if it looks fast then make it go fast(reminding flo to do a swap:D...j/p)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Well this time around I'm goin go First and a little show....... Sol's gone...me sad....no more pics of Nevada's park bench....:(

·
Registered
97 Posts
Del"TheSolMan" said:
Well this time around I'm goin go First and a little show....... Sol's gone...me sad....no more pics of Nevada's park bench....:(

so is it totalled man??? for sure.. can you not even buy it back from the insurance Co? can u save some parts? what are you going to do with your system etc?

·
Registered
48 Posts
system I had already pulled out and I had basically stripped the car....which screwed me because when they came to examine it and give an estimate for the total loss cost of the car....they all pointed out those factors to lower the amount that I will get in return!!!!( I HAVE THE WORST LUCK IN THE WORLD!!!!)....if I were to by back the wreck I wouldn't have enough to repir her...........I SUCK I SUCK I SUCK!!!!...........but maybe there is hope........don't tell anybody....but the Sol may be brought back to life!!!!.....my tuning shop and the body shop are joining together to form one place....and I was gonna be there demo car....so now were talkin and they may fix it up for me!!!!!.........PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE............PRAY EVERYONE PRAY!! I DON'T CARE IF YOUR NOT RELIGIOUS I'M NOT AND I'M PRAYING!!!!!

·
Registered
484 Posts
im prayin for ya whaodie!

where there is a will, there is a way.

dont forget that del. you can do it man!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
hey delsolman I don't know if I asked you yet, But did you keep your electric glovebox? IF so would you wanna sell it? I need a place to store the computer drive in my car. I already messed up the original trying this, and had to buy another. LEt me know
e-mail is: [email protected] thanks

·
Registered
111 Posts
All go no show..Outside from my rotas, nothing else on my car is done for looks..I could give a shit as long as its fast (its neither now)..I sprayed my tails red,but i wish i had the stockers.

·
Registered
16 Posts
definately balance. The first and foremost things i am doing are suspension and some body touch-ups. Im not one for big flashy kits. Some of them look damn good, but they dont belong on my car. The most I would do to my del sol are maybe put a front lip on it and paint the side skirts to match. or if i was going to put on a kit, it would be a subtle one like the erebuni (style 43?). Thats about all. But dont get me wrong, i do like my car to look good. Thats why im fixing any starting traces of rust this spring, getting rid of dings and dents, and getting the whole car repainted.

Then after the car looks like it did the day i bought it and my suspension is done up and finely tuned, then comes the power. Because thats the only other thing i would want to do and will probably be the most expensive considering i know people that will paint my car for me for cheap and my suspension can be finished off with my tax return.

·
Registered
138 Posts
i say 50/50 is a hard thing to do too .. but from what i think u can either race or show off .. cant have a damn goodlookin show off and wanna race & play around with the big boys and also cant have an engine that rocks with a bodykit and set of 17" rims on etc etc .. i say do a little of both and that would be more than enough ,,

1 - 17 of 17 Posts