Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

About 4 months ago I was looking for a JDM H22A replacement to swap with my USDM H22A4 (98 Prelude) engine.

A fellow 'luder indicated that the guys are Zerolift were pretty good, and they could probably get me a good replacement H22A.

I called them, they seemed knowledgeable, and I ordered an engine.

Well, while they seem like decent folks, but they've got a lot to learn about business transactions.

First:

They used rope to somewhat attach the engine to the shipping palette.

The result was that the engine moved all over the place and various things got broken.

I don't know about anyone else, but I would have expected the engine to be blocked and strapped to the palette.

The biggest reason this was an issue is because the crank case still had ALL 5qts of oil in it... or at least it did until the engine flopped onto its side and leaked it out of throttle body. [It never occurred to me that oil could leak out of the intake...]

Along with that movement, the throttle body, TPS, balancer pulley, and oil pan where all damaged.

I called them up, and told them that the engine was damaged in shipping.

At first, I thought it was only the oil pan and pulley... then I noticed the green plastic pieces of the TPS... and that the TB would not open a close because it was a twisted wreck on the throttle cable side.

This brings us to the second thing:

I called up Zerolift and spoke with Craig. He was pretty cool about the oil pan and sent me one... So that was great...

However, when I called back and mentioned that the balancer pulley and the TB damage, I didn't get any calls back.

Over the past several MONTHS I've continued to attempt to get the two parts the own me: An H22A balancer pulley and a JDM 4th Gen H22A IM throttle body.

When I call, it get this load of nonsense that they don't have them, and when they do... I'll get them.

The problem is:

I PAID THEM FOR THESE ITEMS AS PART OF THE ENGINE.

I ALSO PAID ZEROLIFT FOR SHIPPING INSURANCE.

At this point, I'm fairly certain that Zerolift is just expecting me to go away.

I call and leave messages, I don't get return calls. If I actually find Mike, one of the owners, I get a "We're still looking" kind of response... (As if 3 months later is acceptable...)

They've cheated me out of parts by not replacing the damaged items, and have no intention of calling the shipping vendor, because the vendor is going to laugh at them for the horrendous manner in which the secured the engine to the shipping palette.

[Pictures and the movie are here:

http://elabfcsvrt.fdu.edu/bart...tures/ ]

I highly recommend that you don't use Zerolift Autolabs.

They'll screw you about of parts just like they did me... and we all know that the list prices of the TB and Balancer Pulley are not cheap... especially when you end up going to Honda because you have a time requirement.

Go to someone else like hmotorsonline or something... You'll be glad you did!

·
Registered
864 Posts
If you paid for insurance, then it's their responsibility. And if they're saying it's the shipper's responsibility, contact the freight company that shipped it and see what they say. Relay this back to Zerolift, and if they still don't do anything about it, file a claim or a report with the BBB. When a business sees something from the BBB they get right on it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
snackpacks said:
If you paid for insurance, then it's their responsibility. And if they're saying it's the shipper's responsibility, contact the freight company that shipped it and see what they say. Relay this back to Zerolift, and if they still don't do anything about it, file a claim or a report with the BBB. When a business sees something from the BBB they get right on it.
This is more of a warning post.

The long block itself was ok... though I do feel the misrepresented what they were selling me... (I got a 93 H22A engine with "low milage" on it... and when I think low milage... I'm thinking something like a 95/96...etc...)

I have contacted the NJ BBB and I will probably contact their local BBB.

The shipping issue is a moot point as Yellow Freight will absolutely indicate that the engine was improperly secured for shipping. It's completely obvious, and I only have Zerolift's word that they insured it when shipped.

(Which at this point is doubtful....)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.