Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently just ordered a zex nitrous kit for my 5th gen accord, i was wondering if this was the best choice. I've already went through all the stickies, and from what i derivived from them is that zex is the best for begginners. Then i started reading in other forums and they are saying that you won't see as much gains with zex as you will with say a NX or NOS wet kit. Did i make a good choice?

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah i'm gonna be shooting a 55 shot in my car. I wanted to get it so i can run it at ennis. Also i was searching about how to run 55 shot on an automatic. I got mixed results. Can anybody explain the safest way of doing it.

· Registered
1,241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or the main question i have is, suppose i were to torque-brake to about 2,000 rpms, then launch. When i hit 3k rpms then start spraying, can i keep on sparying even when it shifts gear into second? Is it even safe to spray in first?

· Registered
60 Posts
You can spray during the shifts or you can flip it off when it shifts. Both ways are ok the fliping off will probly help you save your tranny over the long run but it will cost you in et's. Spraying in first is only really limited by if you can grab traction or not. At ennis you should have no problem getting traction in first.

Jeff

· Registered
1,002 Posts
zex is a good choice. there are just some forums that swear by 1 product and every other one is a p.o.s. i've been using my kit for a year with no problems, and run similar times to those running other kits. maybe people don't like the simplicity.

· Registered
5,502 Posts
Everyone tells me that The Zex Smart System is the safest to go with. I am getting my kit for under $400, bottle kit for $150, 2 purge kits $150, bottle opener $150, and the blowdown kits for $45. Can't wait!

· Registered
8 Posts
I'm new to nitrous as i am sure most of us looking at this particular post, but i remember somewhere saying for u not to spray until your hit 5000 rpm, is this for safety reasons, and if its true, you shouldnt spray at 3000 like you said, can anybody confirm this?

· Registered
20,271 Posts
Accord_F22 said:
I recently just ordered a zex nitrous kit for my 5th gen accord, i was wondering if this was the best choice. I've already went through all the stickies, and from what i derivived from them is that zex is the best for begginners. Then i started reading in other forums and they are saying that you won't see as much gains with zex as you will with say a NX or NOS wet kit. Did i make a good choice?
zex is really simple to install...if you knoe how to install an amp for a car then you could install the zex system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.