Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
471 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my nitrous kit installed on my car for over a year now. I must say that it was a breeze to install, didnt take very long...and I had no idea what I was doing. After it was installed and it was time to test...wow was it fun. I really have nothing bad to say about the kit at all. It dropped my stock ET 1.9 seconds!! I loved it and unfortunately it is up for sale because I am going naturally aspirated on the new GSR or TypeR swap. For anyone looking for a nitrous kit...I highly reccomend this kit. If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

·
Registered
8,520 Posts
i had a zex on my 00 Si then took it off, sold it, and i just bought another one. Super easy to use and install, just be sure to get colder plugs, check your timing, and run premium gas.

I just bought another one for my "all motor" build hehe .. i bought the nitrous as "insurance" for when a 351 mustang pulls next to me. I bought both kits used for $200 USD

·
Registered
434 Posts
I love nitrous. Lots of people think its "cheating", or are scared it will blow up their car. :p I think Zex has the best kits for the price out right now, although it seems most people are turned off by the pinkish-purple anodized scheme. I however think its bling. :clap

Things I liked about the Zex Dry Kit were:
-ease of installation
-price (paid 225 used)
-good instructions
-jets included
-made me go FAST

Didn't like:
-The zex kit is universal and fits on many cars, so how can the fuel/nitrous ratios really be perfect? I would feel much better installing a kit made just for my Integra LS.
-lack of tuneability--it's all hidden in the purple box!
-weak without bottle warmer

N2O really starts gettin fun when you invest in a Purge Kit, Bottle Warmer, Bottle Guage, and Remote Opener. Overall I like the zex dry kit a lot. It is safe, easy, and works better than the other kits out there. Not to mention you will stomp TypeR's with your stock motor.

·
Registered
671 Posts
is it easy to install? how much shots are you running? is it 1 shot = 1 hp? what is the safe zone? and i am also wondering how long a bottle will last once engaged?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts