Honda and Acura Car Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i wanted to know how hard is it to install a zex nitrous kit on a 98' civic ex coupe? Can somene take the time to run it down for me? Also when im running the 55 shot what else do i have to do to my engine before i squeeze like retard the timing or anything like that and also how do i do that?

· Registered
195 Posts
civicwitbalz said:
i wanted to know how hard is it to install a zex nitrous kit on a 98' civic ex coupe? Can somene take the time to run it down for me? Also when im running the 55 shot what else do i have to do to my engine before i squeeze like retard the timing or anything like that and also how do i do that?
Don't really worry about a 55 shot too much man. That kind of setup/shot size is basically designed for virtually stock cars. Hell, I used a 60 and 70 shot for like a year w/ everything stock. Barely even touched the motor. Stock plugs. 2 degrees of retard.

· Registered
476 Posts
NOSed_b18b-

hey... how many miles you got on the car and how long have you been spraying a 60-70 shot?

i want to use the 75 shot but i don't want to retard the timing. because my car is going to be slower than it already is.

· Registered
195 Posts
I've got 120,000 on the meter. I used a 60 shot for like 7-8 months before, and then I took it up to 70 shot for a couple months after. Now I'm on my dp setup at 80.

In response to your car being slower when you retard your timing: who cares. I'd much rather lose a couple horses, than risk detonation. But hey, if you can afford 110 race gas and it's plenty available, then I say advance your timing a little.:D ;) :cool: :D :p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.