Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, has anyone had this problem?
i connected the tps line from the zex box to my tps sensor ( the red and white one),
but it won't work, nitrous won't be shot at WOT.

I heard theres a black botton on the zex box that you press to set the tps voltage at WOT for your car, but i can't find this botton on my box anywhere.

Is there something with the box?or my car?

·
Registered
163 Posts
what kind of car do you have??? i have a newer zex kit and the black button is underneath the power light...i heard the older ones didnt have this....btw my tps sensor wire is black/red and i have 98 civic

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Damn i must have an older model then..
fawk...i have an accord
so i can't reset the tps setting or anything..
how can i make it (zex) activate at wot then?

·
Registered
163 Posts
Akfortyseven said:
Damn i must have an older model then..
fawk...i have an accord
so i can't reset the tps setting or anything..
how can i make it (zex) activate at wot then?
did you even program the nmu??? what you do first is turn the car on but not to where the engine is running (get it?) then arm the zex nmu...if the light on the nmu is flashing orange to green then your set the nmu is in "learn" mode...floor the gas pedal for 10seconds then let go...now flip the arm switch off then back on...the light on the nmu should now be solid green...now it should be ready to go...to test it, floor it a couple times and you should hear the solenoid click. if you hear it click then your good to go...turn the car on all the way head for the nearest highway and have fun, make sure the bottle is open:D

·
Registered
314 Posts
The TPS wire used for the ZEX kit on my car, (2000 Integra) is red with a black stripe. Are you sure you tapped into the right TPS wire?

·
Registered
404 Posts
hmm im having the same problem right now!!

ok i got everything wired and vacuumed and hosed up..
now trying to program it...when i program it..
the solinoid will only click on and off once!! when i push the throttle wot it will click on..then click off when i let off the throttle...but when i go wot again it WILL NOT turn back on!! ive tried adjusting the tps and reprogramming!
and im sure the solinoid is clicking on and off..

however if i program it to about 3/4 full throttle it work fineif i dont give it wot...but if i give it wot and then back off again it wont come back on again!!

wats wrong..

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Mugenpwr said:
The TPS wire used for the ZEX kit on my car, (2000 Integra) is red with a black stripe. Are you sure you tapped into the right TPS wire?

my bad, i meant i tapped into the red with black stripe on the tps.

·
Registered
251 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
psylas said:
did you even program the nmu??? what you do first is turn the car on but not to where the engine is running (get it?) then arm the zex nmu...if the light on the nmu is flashing orange to green then your set the nmu is in "learn" mode...floor the gas pedal for 10seconds then let go...now flip the arm switch off then back on...the light on the nmu should now be solid green...now it should be ready to go...to test it, floor it a couple times and you should hear the solenoid click. if you hear it click then your good to go...turn the car on all the way head for the nearest highway and have fun, make sure the bottle is open:D
is this for all the zex kits?
where is this light at? only the newer models have this?
i can't find this light anywhere on my purple box.

my zex work fine if i tap the tps wire from the zex box to the red wire that goes to the arming switch and 12v battery but then nitrous will only spray when i hit the switch and not on WOT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts