Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,780 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
tonight me and blueludehen were hittin the local street races(eat me)....anyways we just installed his zex and were ready to *decimate all*, we installed it all under the wipers and covered all the lines so it was stealth.....

THE STORY
we opened the bottle and headed to the strip....
SIRENS..look back...ahhhh shit,,,,popo pulled us over...
"oh shit man the bottles open"!!!...
Cop pulls him out of the car and does an inspection of the motor..cant find anything so he calls another unit....he cant find shit,,,,henry got out of there with a fixit ticket for his front plate...

the moral is you cant hide the other systems like you can ZEX...there no wires or modules that have to connect to the TB...B smart peeps....if ur gonna race and use N2o...WRAP IT UP..

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
Hmmm.... stealth......

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yup the stealthy Zex style hook up to my ride saved my car. I have a NOS kit too but if I used it I know for sure I would have had my baby taken for sure. It was still kinda scarry because a second cop was called to also do another inspection and started to feel under the intake where the selinoid is conected to..but he didn't go far enought to feel where it was. All myothe parts like the intake, exhaust, and header where taged so they couldn't do anything about that. So he jus gave me a Fix it citation for my front plate (which I put on that night, after the citation). But the as Ludeaction said the moral of the storyis try to keep things on the Down Low...Or you never know what may happen....But boy let me tell you my heart never pumped so hard in my life!

Anyone in CA know what a Fix-It ticket for a missing front License Plate cost?:confused:

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
Nos offers some good hidden nitrous options

Here's the perfect "stealth" nitrous system with all the advantages of direct port injection! Precisely measured amounts of fuel and nitrous are injected into each individual port with exclusive NOS space-saving jet spray nozzles for maximum adjustability and distribution. Power levels from 100-250 extra HP are available by changing individual jet spray nozzles for fuel and nitrous. With the under manifold system, all plumbing lines are out of sight. This system comes complete with jets for 150 HP, all necessary electrical/mounting hardware, along with detailed instructions.

"Hidden" Nitrous Systems

Under Manifold CheaterTM System

·
Registered
524 Posts
lol I was ready for something else

I was thinkin you were about to say the bottles open we saw the siren and floored it and ........ lol. Dont have nitrous yet but I know the feelin of cops lookin through your shit its not a good one.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Wow.. in that picture with the bottle right next to the seats.. I woundnt want to sit next to something that's highly explosive..

·
Registered
228 Posts
Na you don't need to worry about it sitting next you and blowing up because the chances or that are slim. But i wouldn't suggest smoking in the car..that may be a bad thing. Also the only other risk i see is if it leaks.. but i thenk you jus get a little buzz from it if it does..But overall we all take risk simple driving its a jungle out there with hunters that have nothin else better to do with there lives

·
Registered
42 Posts
AzN_LuDe said:
Wow.. in that picture with the bottle right next to the seats.. I woundnt want to sit next to something that's highly explosive..
Nitrous isnt explosive, you need fuel with it as well, N2O just releases extra oxygen when heated, which allows more fuel to be combusted. Which is why you need new injectors or pump up the fuel from your stock injectors when you install a Nitrous kit.

·
Registered
175 Posts
blueludehen

Depends on who gave you the fix-it ticket. I got one from CHP and it was free as long as you get it signed off. If from a local cop, it's a 10 buck admin fee after you get it signed off. Just go to the court of the county where the ticket was issued, and the person will tell you 10 bucks. Hope that helped.

·
Registered
17,727 Posts
BLueLuDeheN said:
Na you don't need to worry about it sitting next you and blowing up because the chances or that are slim. But i wouldn't suggest smoking in the car..that may be a bad thing. Also the only other risk i see is if it leaks.. but i thenk you jus get a little buzz from it if it does..But overall we all take risk simple driving its a jungle out there with hunters that have nothin else better to do with there lives
Its nitrous oxide same shit they use at the dentist office you start gigling at first and then everything has a echo to it

·
Registered
197 Posts
yes its the same thing... the nitrous they use at the dentist is the same as the nitous in my blue bottle in the trunk.. only difference is the one they use for automotive use has like 10% sulfred(spelling) so if you try to inhale it it'll burn the shit out your mouth and throat.. its like that to stop the druggies... hey and you could also use any direct port system and just drill the ports in the back of the manifold, peeps been doing that for years and really isnt anything new...

hey ludeaction are you still getting the rx-7?? i've seen you on the rx-7 board hunting down a rex... well hope you get one, i'm getting one too in bout a week or so...

·
Registered
267 Posts
cops just cant start feeling around your engine bay. your car is private propery dont they have to have some kind of reasonable suspicion??

·
Registered
1,612 Posts
AzN_LuDe said:
Haha, you need to take the F&F out of your DVD player....

·
Registered
228 Posts
Na I don't think there should be suspicion for me to have it inspected. I jus think it was because it was a sat night at 1am and there were more than jus one import out that night duing that night for the street races. But man that cop almost ended my life with a heart attack after he was creep up the inside outside of my intake. But they had no clue as to what they were talking about. They were talking about how they couldn't find the fuel injector...and how it was probably connected to the header somehow..It was halarious they thought they were experts at it or some thing...But i hope the ticket isn't that much...most people say if i get it fixed all i have to do is simply get it signed by a cop and pay a processing fee...but we'll see

1 - 20 of 29 Posts