Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not a big fan of domestics, not a big fan of chevies, but today i have died and gone to heaven. I got a chance to gun the shit out of a ZO6, 2003 (405hp). That thing is a fucken monster. I have never been this scared in my life. Lets just say burnouts at 50mph. At first i got in it with my brother and got it up to 90 in a residential street. The thing pulls above all my wildest imaginations. Then i got into it. I took it slow at first to get the hang of it, the cutch and the shifter are very stiff. So after a little while, it began. I got onto the street and the second i shifted into 2nd and hit the gas half way, you can feel the rear end dancing around at 40mph. 3rd gear, full throttle, lets just say roughly about 80mph in a second or 2. There is no real point to this thread except to say i have seen the light, and it is good. Just had to tell someone of my experience.

·
Registered
346 Posts
American Muscle. Cant beat it at all. Hondas have some nice cars but they will never replace the good old american V8s. I haven't gotten the chance to drive a ZO6 but I have driven pretty fast Mustangs and F-bodies and there fun.

·
Registered
7,394 Posts
i know the feeling man....my pops had a vette and i got on it one night making a right hand turn... i did a donut on the friggin highway right in front of traffic...scared the living shit out of me and my friend i was with...lucky nobody hit me....

·
Registered
346 Posts
jreese said:
i know the feeling man....my pops had a vette and i got on it one night making a right hand turn... i did a donut on the friggin highway right in front of traffic...scared the living shit out of me and my friend i was with...lucky nobody hit me....
Its funny seeing someone used to a FWD then they get in pretty much anything RWD. The first time they get on it it is funny.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
just keeping the thread updated...
the guy that let FlySly54 drive his vette...
the other day he got hit by a street sweeper...
worst of all... it was the street sweepers fault, and the cop didnt give him a ticket because he works for the city...

his excuse was "you shouldnt have been driving a car thats so low, he probably didnt even see you"
total bullshit, i feel so bad for the guy
payed 48 grand for the car...

·
Premium Member
33,658 Posts
Wow! :eek

Still... not being ticketed shouldn't be a cause for his insurance company not to go after the city, contracted street sweeping company, etc. to get your pal some $$$.

Hope he was A-OK.

·
Banned
619 Posts
Ya I drove one to they are QUICK but shit my first time driving a fast car was my friends 496 with about 670 rwhp...lmao it was CRAZY

·
Registered
964 Posts
this is why you have to have one of each, ive got my fwd and my american muscle

·
Registered
34 Posts
FlySly54 said:
At first i got in it with my brother and got it up to 90 in a residential street.
You meant to say on the highway, right? Easy there! Not really smart. I like to have my fun as well, but "residential streets" aren't the places to be having it. When you have a kid, you'll understand!

·
Registered
6,555 Posts
FlySly54 said:
I got a chance to gun the shit out of a ZO6, 2003 (405hp). That thing is a fucken monster
i had the same chance you did, but even better. one of my friends finally finished his 2001 vetette project this past saturday. i dont know all the details yet but i can tell you its twin turbo and it has water injection and the block is not stock (i know its bigger but i dont know exactly how many cc's).
anyways the car is supposed to put out 900+whp. the car had a conservative tune on it saturday (its supposed to be dyno tuned again this coming weekend).
let me tell you this car was crazy, and being that it still was on its stock rims/tires traction was inexistent. any time i would step on it hard in 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th it would loose traction.
cruising on the highway in 5th or 6th, all you have to do is floor it and the car would just pick up and put you back in the seat.
i cant wait untill its being tuned again.

·
Registered
887 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Extinct said:
You meant to say on the highway, right? Easy there! Not really smart. I like to have my fun as well, but "residential streets" aren't the places to be having it. When you have a kid, you'll understand!

I know, i dont race, i dont even break the speed limit :rolleyes , but this was just a split second thing. I also know that it only takes a split second for something bad to happen, but hey, couldnt resist.

·
Registered
964 Posts
forced induction on a v8 is a force to reckon with. i know of two turbo fbodies in town. one is way over the 700whp mark and the other running low, 4psi boost is up over the 500whp mark.
they sell rear mount turbo kits for the lt1 cars (275hp stock) running 7 psi they bring the car to 400whp. thats with no other mods. and 450ft lb tq. thats some monster numbers

http://www.ststurbo.com/home

·
Registered
2,025 Posts
haha man when I saw your title I thought it said 206 as in the Peugeot 206! :p anyways the best corvettes are the 1st generations in my opinion, OldSchoolFresh baby!

·
Registered
346 Posts
cndctrdj said:
forced induction on a v8 is a force to reckon with. i know of two turbo fbodies in town. one is way over the 700whp mark and the other running low, 4psi boost is up over the 500whp mark.
they sell rear mount turbo kits for the lt1 cars (275hp stock) running 7 psi they bring the car to 400whp. thats with no other mods. and 450ft lb tq. thats some monster numbers

http://www.ststurbo.com/home
STS turbo is making a turbo system for the Civic/Integra that looks pretty good. But yea if there is a V8 in town with forced induction you better have a lot done to your car. Thats why I want a F-body or LS1 Vette and them turbo or supercharge it because no one could fuck with me if I could find traction.

·
Registered
964 Posts
thier are two fbodies with forced induction near me. on has a twin turbo setup on an lt1. the other has a single turbo on an 02 ls1

they both move

1 - 17 of 17 Posts