Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
zooming noise from wheel

Good afternoon.
This weekend I noticed that my left front wheel is making a zooming noise. It does not matter if I go fast or slow or if the car is in nuetral going dowhill. It constantly makes a zooming sound....kinda like this. zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom zoom. As the wheel turns this sound continues.
I think its my transaxle...what do you guys think it might be?

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
maybe ur axle..donno try this. put ur car up on jack stands and put it in gear...and let the tires spin..see if u can hear it and locate the area in which it is comming from. it may be ur break sensor..but tats more of a swish swish sound..

·
Registered
492 Posts
bearings

wheel bearings had the same prob, its definitely it, axles would normally click if they were going bad and on turns

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
there u go..i had that in mind but couldnt get the right words to say it..check that out...if it was the axles it would be more of a gearing sound comming from the inner boot..

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the help but whenever I turn right my left side make a clicking sound....I was told it could be the CV Joint. While the humming noise was possibly the wheel bearing.

Do you guys think my Axle can break or something if I wait to fix thses possible problems? I'll probably have money until the end of november.

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
i think its the inner axle...since the outer one gone bad..the inner one gotten worse or soemthing like tha.t..you can drive on it but just dont go hella fast and pull hella corners...my uncle has been on his bad oen for about a year now...idiot he might of messed something up...but a month is co i gues

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If the inner boot has gone bad what can go wrong or what can be messed up???
I guess the transmission can go bad or something, right???
I´ll try to change it after this year is up...hopefully by the end of next month.
Don´t scare me !!!
:eek:

·
Registered
2,618 Posts
haha im not tryting to scare you...see if ur outer boot goes bad people change it....yet wear and tear exists on the inner boot...its normal...i just had both of mine replaced with a whole new axle...but it can be the wheel berings also...there comes a time when things need to be replaced..maybe it is the time for you..

1 - 8 of 8 Posts