Honda and Acura Car Forums banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like everything about the ridgelines besides the front grill. The big ass ugly H. My brother works at a Honda dealer ship so if I go to his work I get to test drive any car I want just for the hell of it. Very nice trucks. Honda just needs to work on the front of them a little bit.

·
Registered
325 Posts
If they just changed a few of the lines on that truck I would rock it, but as it is something is just wrong on that body. Personally I drive an 02 f150 and I wouldnt mind getting back in a Honda, but I need a truck and the Ridgeline doesnt sit right with me.

·
Registered
389 Posts
yah man...trucks were meant to have beffy tires...thats going to ride so badly. That rim/tire setup would probably clear on my accord. j/p :p but as soon as your tires where out, throw in the extra money and get some thicker 22" tires...atleast 65-70.

...otherwise, your truck looks really clean...(I really love the ladder reflection! :D )

·
Registered
506 Posts
frostdragon said:
GM is part of honda so i think it GM help design the truck

what a terrible thing to say, Honda is still Honda, they dont have part ownership, joint ventures, etc... Honda is Honda and they plan to stay that way unlike fordlincolnmercurymazdavolvojaguarlandroverastinmartin or good old Chevroletbuickpontiacgmcsaturnhummersaabcadillac. Yes there are resemblances to the avalanche, but you have to realize that those small resemblances are only due to the way the truck is engineered... for example no seam between bed and cab, honda does it because its a unitized body vehicle. the tall bedsides of the ridgeline are there so the whole bed could be raised high enough to not have wheel well protrusion and to make enough room for the independent rear suspension. the angle and size of the c-pillar or "sail panel" is another resemblance... reason being is to have enough room for the rear side curtain airbags that release from the pillar the angle is for two reasons, one: to keep whats in your bed more dry in the rain, two: to reduce wind noice when you have the rear sliding window open. So if honda didn't care about any of that above they could have made a much better looking truck. If you were to add all those features into any truck it would end up having a resemblance to the avalanche, its just the nature of the beast. Trucks are about being function over form, Honda held that true.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i learned this from the honda plant when i when for a visit in my shop class. i was more focused on all the cars they had when the honda rep was talking about the rigdeline. i didnt really care about the ridgeline when there was a couple of nsx from 91 93 and 98 and ITRs from 96 99 and 00 all in mint condition. :D

AK_CRX said:
what a terrible thing to say, Honda is still Honda, they dont have part ownership, joint ventures, etc... Honda is Honda and they plan to stay that way unlike fordlincolnmercurymazdavolvojaguarlandroverastinmartin or good old Chevroletbuickpontiacgmcsaturnhummersaabcadillac. Yes there are resemblances to the avalanche, but you have to realize that those small resemblances are only due to the way the truck is engineered... for example no seam between bed and cab, honda does it because its a unitized body vehicle. the tall bedsides of the ridgeline are there so the whole bed could be raised high enough to not have wheel well protrusion and to make enough room for the independent rear suspension. the angle and size of the c-pillar or "sail panel" is another resemblance... reason being is to have enough room for the rear side curtain airbags that release from the pillar the angle is for two reasons, one: to keep whats in your bed more dry in the rain, two: to reduce wind noice when you have the rear sliding window open. So if honda didn't care about any of that above they could have made a much better looking truck. If you were to add all those features into any truck it would end up having a resemblance to the avalanche, its just the nature of the beast. Trucks are about being function over form, Honda held that true.

·
Registered
296 Posts
i love the light bar on the green truck, anyone know who makes it? i want to get it for my dad for christmas. i think i'd look great on his truck

21 - 37 of 37 Posts